danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Good to be back

| Finally got the app back! Hello hello to all yall and i hope yor day are magnificent!

| wellcome back to the dumpsterfire, fellow degenerate

| >>d3affe good ta be back

| Welcome back!

| what took you so long? I was waiting for you, you know~

| I miss you~

| Is it you, GRAPE?

| Howdy g/u/rl.

| >>d2d69f sorry it just been a whole hellovalot

| >>79ba55 nope. Ex0d1us.

| the "app" was just a stolen re-write from some other dude if i remember, never even gave credit to the original coder.

| >>821454

...?

dafuq are you on about, that's so incorrect that i'm befuddled.

Anon E, is that you?

| >>821454
Whats your source?

| To be fair alot of open source projects can easily have their code stolen, violating most lisences, but there needs to be proper proof in what makes it what it is, if its a small line, that is mostly coincidental.

##Admin:prefetcher##

| >>821454

the original app was almost entirely my work, with the actual UI portion just being a thing thrown together in MIT App Inventor with 0 coding, lol. the /u/ part was just a web browser pointed at a special mobile website of the PHP iteration of danger/u/. (i still have the source code to that one.)

the current app, which was developed almost in full by Lain, is absolutely not stolen. Lain has spent *a lot* of time working on it, reimplementing everything from scratch and adding functionality that wasn't present in the MIT App Inventor version at all.

btw, hi anon e; finally put that mac to use?

| small correction, the MIT App Inventor thing was actually made by said anon e. but all the functionality was provided by me doing all the coding and upkeeping all of the websites

| Welcome back, and same! Glad to.see the place is more....chill.

| I love lain

| Welcome back!
I don't know you... and I don't know how everyone knows you so easily, but I guess it's just more Lore I gotta learn.

Anon e, I'll remember that name!

| >>821134 facts tho

| Prefetcher spittin facts here!
Pref should credit anon e as the one who's annoying

| >>821808 >finally put that mac to use?
Hahaha I forgot about that part of the anon e saga

| >>822083 Can one of you prehistoric g/u/rls write a danger/u/ lorebook so I don't have to lurk so hard to piece this shit together? I'll rub your feet as payment.

| >>822086
I'm curious too. I just got here last year.

| >>fc7077 actually it seems like some g/u/rls got me mixed up with someone else

| >>822227 >>822216 >>822086 >>822083

We still have this old Augmented Eye post that broke character to explain what happened, more or less.

https://augmented.dangeru.us/article/76

| ....in retrospect, Mystery wasn't as thorough as I thought.

Basically Anon E threw a shitfit because developer Lain did a better job than him at making an app, and he flipped because Pref wouldn't kick Lain.

Sooooo he retaliated by kicking Pref off the Patreon and trying to change the narrative that he was the victim. Unfortunately when you go full retard in public (discord), you kinda don't have anyone's sympathy. He even tried to run to the other Valhalla community for support, but was swiftly yeeted (again) after w3 followed him and explained the situation.

This doesn't even mention that he lost his admin privileges just days before this incident, when he (Anon E) tried to personal army the discord community into revenge doxxing some random who was "attacking" his "friend" (read: e-girl), and kicked anyone who pointed out what a faggot he was being.

| >>823248 Damn lol. Thanks for the summary. I bet an internet history youtuber could make an hour long video about this, à la YandereDev critiques.

| >>823281

ye np

| >>823247 >>823248
Wow, that's pretty awful.

| yeesh

and here i thought the board drama was bad

also didnt know there was a second community

| >>823321

There is about three discord communities, one of which used to be the main but is now dilapidated, as the devs have fled to a Sukeban- centric community instead.

There's also the Reddit community and Steam Forums communities, which are pretty separated from all of us.

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1641914171

This thread is permanently archived