danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Illness affects illness?

| To start off: I've got a little bit of clinical paranoia. I feel it's justified, but that's irrelevant to the subject at hand.

I was running a fever all weekend and am still sorta sick. Off balance, nauseous, have a bad cough, etc.

It seems like my cold is making my paranoia worse though. I keep catching myself assuming ploys against me. Is that normal for a cold, or do I need to make an extra appointment with my therapist?

| You should probably talk to your therapist instead of us. We don't know your background, and a vast majority of us are likely ill-equipped to give you what you need. Venting is good, vent all you want, but if you feel you need a professional, listen to your gut.

That being said, stress can exacerbate mental health symptoms. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Please seek help if you don't feel better soon.

| From my experience? No. Colds don't do that.
But any physical illness does obviously put more stress on your body, gived you less function and puts you in an uncomfortable state, and those are very much things that affect mental health negatively.

But, honestly, just talk to a professional about it.

| >>You have acquired schizophrenia.
Don't aak for medical advice in /u/
Ask /d/

| If you already have a therapist, yes op, please talk this out with your therapist.

If going to the therapist is too hard for you, at least get to a regular doctor to get your cold checked. Get some rest, try not to stress over things.

| Derro do not work through illness, and air looms only make changes in the brain.
Stress and physical illness do make you more stressed, and feverish delusions are common. Mixed with pre-existing paranoia, it sounds like a normal reaction. Get tested for the current plague, drink lots of water and rest.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1641371606

This thread is permanently archived