danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
tips on memorizing spelling of english

| I am fairly confortable about writing in english. But my spelling is shit, the root cause of it is I've been relying on auto correct. I can't even spell kitchen without it, what do.

| Depends on how bad your memory is, and how much fuss you're willing to put into improving. Generally, repitition works. If you know you'll fuck a word up, find the correct spelling, then write it out one-hundred times. Literally write it with a pen, and say the letters aloud. The physical act of moving the pen with your hand is more time-consuming, but it should give you a stronger mental imprint of the word. Boring af, but it works for me at least.

| >>819243
*Repetition
Also, the only way is to write and write and write. English has guidelines, rules and handy mnemonics, but the list of exceptions is always longer. Good luck, g/u/rl!

| >>819263 N-No... my confidence T_T
Learn from my mistake, OP. You've got this.

| Just turn off autocorrect OP

| >>819275
This. Live with the consequences

| >>819274
Hey, you are great and you write english better than a lot of native speakers! You deserve all the confidence, and you can keep doing great!

| You're already writing better than most native speakers. Eventually you'll just gain confidence if you keep writing and exposing yourself to the words, simple as that.

| What really helped me was to manually erase and correct instead of using autocorrect. After committing to doing that, you'll eventually tire yourself from autocorrecting yourself and you'll start remembering.

Also, a more logical approach is to study word structures. Try to learn why words are written the way they are, and this way you can make writting a more "understood" action rather than memorization. Albeit it's certainly more difficult.

| So glad I was born in a native English speaking country because having to "learn" English sounds like absolute hell

| >>c069d4
It's not, English is relatively easy to learn and use compare to else.

| >>820397
>and use compare to else.
*doubt*

| >>820385
I'm glad I was born in scandinavia because we speak english almost as well as our native language without even trying.

| >>820385
I'm glad I was born in Venezurla because we speak spanigh and I'd rather learn English a hundred times, than try to take on Spanish without any knowledge of latin-based languages.

Just the thought of having to learn how everything is gendered is a nightmare.

... wait is that why Latinx is a thing?!?!

| I like to make words that often misspell become my favorite words in my head. This way when I have to spell the word I get excited which helps my motivation

| >>820442
>wait is that why Latinx is a thing?!?!
No, that's just overzealous white people.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1641320470

This thread is permanently archived