danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Sci-fi books with philosophical questions?

| This thread probably exists but i would like to ask for recommendations for literature like that. At the moment i have asimovs trilogy and am enjoying it so far. I like thought provoking stuff the most. Do you have favorite books you would recommend? Would love to hear!

| Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky's.

There's a recent English translation that's great, otherwise it's available in its native России, but it might be available in other languages.

It's a relatively quick read, but it's one of my favorites.

| Philosophical questions...? Like what?

If you just mean general thoughtful science fiction instead of, idk, airport paperback laser beam and aliens thrillers? I highly suggest anything by Ursula K. Le Guin.

The Left Hand of Darkness is an absolute must read. The Dispossessed is right next on that list. But everything else by her is also good.

| >>818417 wow did you really recommend the most mainstream book by them?
Much wow
Such originality

| This is like George Orwell's book "1984"

| Dune.

| >>818492
I don't... see the problem? Science fiction novels aren't really mainstream. Novels in general aren't really mainstream. It's not like she's recommending Harry Potter.

Heck, I've never heard of Roadside Picnic or Strugatsky before >>59cab1 's post (thanks for that btw!). If her favourite book of theirs just happen to be the most well-known, so what? She still likes it.

| >>818509 based.
However, when one mentions Strugasky, roadside picnic is the first thing coming to mind. Despite basically ALL their books fall under OP's definition.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1640859801

This thread is permanently archived