danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
why can't I get addicted to drugs

| I've started doing drugs like a year ago and it's cool but It's starting to feel like a chore now.

| You're using the wrong drugs. Try meth, that'll do you.
Incredibly based thread, by the way.

| i litteraly just smoked the purest crac k

| >>803773 i tried meth and and honestly it was feel as drink water, something else? (I'm not op)

| You need some stressor to get you depended.Every addict is running away from some problem or depending on it to make your body do something.You can't just do meth. You need to do meth so you can work 20 hour shifts to pay for your girlfriend who doesn't love you and is only using you for the money.Conversely you can do drugs and not get addicted as long as you don't use them to run away from stressors and enjoy them recreationally and also are genetically include against addiction.

| Also, people can have tolerance/be allergic/have opposite or unintended effects to drugs.
However, chemical dependency or an atrophied brain is a thing that you're basically guaranteed to have after doing a vast majority of the 'hard' drugs that are out there.

Why did you start? What are you trying to get out of these chemicals?

| Some people just have a higher tolerance for addiction, and if you don't have any particular reason for why you're doing them then it's even less likely.
I don't see the point in trying to get addicted though. You don't get anything good out of addiction. It's just annoying and shortens your life.

| I wish I liked drugs so bad. Would be so much easier to get closer to a lot of people.

| This is a cringe thread, remember g/u/rls, drugs are pretty cringe.

| There is a such thing as an addiction gene that people are born with. It rewires your brain differently. I think meth and crack are strong enough to do the same thing though even if you don't have the gene. Very dangerous

| Whilst I was just joking around whilst posting >>803832

>>804048 some people naturally being more chemically inclined and also possibly easier to develop an addiction. Has alot of evidence behind it. Even with my brother he is much more inclined to consume alcohol and drugs(just weed but still) than me. Who I just feel off balance and slightly funny on both and don't really care. Though he heartily enjoys both.

| Alright, more seriously now.
Just don't fucking do drugs.
A good 80-90% of people do *not* have the mental capacity to understand when they need to stop. You *will* rationalize yourself into the depths of the rabbit hole and pretend it's fine while whatever remains of your social circles atrophies in favor of other addicts and your organs start fucking dying.
I've seen it myself. I've been there. I had a girlfriend die of an overdose. Don't throw your life away.

| There's also a portion of the population that just isn't capable of developing a psychological dependency on drugs. At least according to the US Army. My brother got in trouble for drug use, and they used a psych test to determine he couldn't be an addict.

| >>803858
I just wanna feel good but it stops feeling good or being cool after like the third time. not like I'm doing it days in a row. I wait weeks in between and then Im like yes this is gonna be amazing but it isnt and I usually end up falling asleep in the middle of it. The drugs I usually do is shrooms, lsd, and dxm

| Don't do drugs at all. Do you want to be homeless? Cause getting addicted to drugs in like the third highest reason for people becoming homeless.

| >>804401 I think you would be surprised at the number of normal, gainfully employed, successful people that use illegal mind altering substances regularly.

| >>805210 well the most preva5 drug right now is Blues/fake OXY with fentanyl instead and that is almost guaranteed to fuck up your life. If you could interview a homeless person or a prostitute in America in particular and you ask them what drugs they do and why they are out on the street they'll tell you that it's because of that particular drug.

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1637244655

This thread is permanently archived