danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I have an interesting hypothetic scenario

| Let's say.. that in this exact moment, people all over the world, become more beautiful.

All humans are now 7/10 or 8/10 in terms of general standard beauty, while still maintaining their identity, and their uniqueness.

This kind of beauty, makes them comfy with themselves..
Do you think that in this magical scenario, people would be more empathic towards others?

Do you think crimes would be ome

| >>803138 do you think crimes would become lower after this hypothetic effect?

Do you think may be even we could agree more with each other and cooperate easier as humans?

(Hypothetically) If the answers to these questions are yes, then, Do you think we should start making people more beautiful? (To their own standards of course, not standards of the government, etc)

| I think people would just have sex more. Because I love sex.

| >>803139 What kind of beauty standards do governments even have lol

| Idk about crimes, might even be higher since criminals can use to their beauty to lower guards, but discrimination would be lower, since people are more accepting and amicable to attractiveness.

Conversely, if we make everyone ugly, it'll be more a wild card. Either people start judging others harder, or everyone slowly learns to at least be more understanding towards each other. Either way, sex crimes will be at an all time low lol

| >>803164 People thinking being ugly prevents sexual assaults.

| >>803166 it's not a complete deal breaker, but it's not like it doesn't influence a decision. You're less likely to be horny if there isn't anything to get horny for

| You don't do crimes because you're ugly, you do them because you want to become rich quickly and can't or don't want to do anything better.

| I think making everyone more attractive would actually increase crime slightly. It might lower assaults, but I think thefts and sexual crimes would go up, short term.

Long term it would have no effect as people are people, and a portion of them will always choose violence.

| People will become more confident, more happy, and stand up for themselves
Imagine a state of youth

| >>803193
I'm an ugly bastard and I stand up for myself.
If you can't, that's a character flaw, nothing to do with beauty.

| >>803205
I don't trust that logic at all

| No because no matter what happens, we're driven by our own greed, no matter how much our appearances improve

| Would this also deal with health issues that would hypothetically be linked to their appearance? Like, would someone fat because of chronic overeating of junk food have their cravings adjusted, or would someone with downs syndrome have their mind fixed or only their face?

| Probably already mentioned but we'll just change the range given time.

Instead of 1/10 it'll be 7.1/8. Desire is a moving object!
○●○●

| Do beautiful people live better lives? There are benefits but also way more unwanted attention and pressure. I rarely meet a beautiful person who is mentally stable

| The answer is no op. If everyone become a 7 to 8 out of 10 then no one is beautiful and those that are a 9 or 10 out of 10 will be the true beauty. Crime would not change, people won't be nicer because they have more confidence in themselves. People will be nicer when they have zero want for anything which will never happen

| >>804402
Well that's not true though because blacks would still exist.

| >>803326
Yeah,things will literally just become. Oh you have a cheekbone that isn't high enough? 1/10. Would never date you. Or just some other standard of attraction would form like money or status.

| OP here, by all your replies, I can conclude that:
We're screwed.

Personally, I think people would be actually kinder to each other.
But it's just my opinion hehe

| >>804462
No, YOU're screwed, because I'm screwing you.

| >>804462
No, YOU're screwed, because I'm screwing you.

| Guess I'm screwed.

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1637238000

This thread is permanently archived