danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Choose Your Own Adventure Games

| Been addicted to choose your own adventure-type games lately. I wanna play more that are similar to Wayhaven Chronicles or Evertree Saga (I don't care for romance, I just want good writing and multiple options). Anybody have any good recommendations?

| This is an amazing coincidence g/u/rl. I've been addicted to CYOAs just recently!
Although I don't know anything about "official cyoa games", I've only played some cyoas in the traditional games board of 4chan (/tg), made by random anons, and some of them are so good that I downloaded them and played them for hours.
They are so fun, and so imagination-thought-provoking!

| IIRC, there is a website that grew from /tg/ devoted to creating and hosting CYOA's, but the name escapes me atm.

| Check out the Interactive Fiction competition at https://ifcomp.org . Interactive fiction is more varied than CYOA and games for the competition tend to be short, but you might find something you like.

I suggest playing the winners from the last few years, but this year's entries have some gold too.

| God these are so refreshing to see. Thank ya'll for these reccomendations ^^;

| Va-11 hall-a is pretty much that, but with bartending waifus

| I used to play these years ago. I even bought one because I liked it so much. You can pirate them nowadays though since they have become fairly popular:

https://www.choiceofgames.com/

| Uhh please don't pirate indie games, if you can. The market for IF/CYOA is already very small. And even if they're text-only, they take more effort than they might look.

| play visual novels

| >>798677 not to be a killjoy, but va-11 hall-a is fairly linear

| >>333b83

| I'm so dumb I didn't even put anything lol. ANYWAYS, I do play games from Choiceofgames, but some of them aren't my cup of tea or I'm not the audience it's aimed at.

| >>799122 yeah I get what you mean, it's just that the cyoa ans the interactive fiction genre it's so wide and "topicful" that it has a lot of content for some people and a lot of content for totally different people.

| >>18d713 exactly lol. For me it's half the games being where you play as a teen, meanwhile I'm like not a teen. I'm an adult. And then the ones with adult mains end up either being good stories or a boring setting and stuff.

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1635571411

This thread is permanently archived