danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
People need to be more fun

| So many people are so, serious. So, like, single minded. If they see or hear something that's a little different to what they're used to, they act so shitty about it.

Like, why do some people get weirded out by adults sleeping with plushies or wearing more "childish" stuff? If it makes them happy, let them do it.
If someone pronounces something a little different to how it's normally pronounced, why dig into them for it? If you understood what they said it doesn't matter.

| If someone looks physically different to the people you're used to seeing, why be mean to them?
If people have hobbies that aren't usual ones, why does that bother you? Why can't you just let them have the small things that make them happy in life?
If someone really likes trains and goes trainspotting and shit, why do you spend time making fun of them instead of getting a hobby of your own?

It's so pathetic when I see people doing this. You being "normal" doesn't make you better.

| Why so serious? (Joker Voice)
We live in a society.
>Am I doing this right?

Jokes aside, I agree 100% with you OP.
People should let live others their own lives.

| >>794009
Yeah. They really should.

| >>794013 Just imagine how much awesome the world would be if everyone let others live their own lives in peace.

| >>794016
Mhm. Things would be a lot better if people weren't so desperate to conform and try to force others to do the same.

| Someone laughed at your for being a weirdo, didn't they?

| >>794073
That's actually a word I'd like to touch on. "Weird" or "weirdo" or whatever. It's a word people use when they see something they don't understand but immediately feel threatened by. They throw that word out with a negative connotation in an attempt to put that thing down and place themselves above it. Kinda pathetic when you think about it.
"I've spent my whole life trying to conform so when I see something different I feel threatened by it" kinda vibes.

| >>794079 You are dodging the question, uh? Was it really that bad? Did they call you a weirdo because you were wearing an ahegao t-shirt or something?

| I'm vibing hard with this thread, but rather as a reaction to the sentiment of "sex workers aren't allowed relationships" over at >>793461
It's fucking disgusting. Just let people be happy and support themselves however they can.

| >>794085
Yeah, for real. Let people be. Let people do what they gotta do. Just shut the fuck up and live your own life instead of trying to put your misery on others.

| >>793994
>why do you spend time making fun of them instead of getting a hobby of your own?
My hobby is making fun of other stupid hobbies, deal with it.

| >>794129 your hobby is stupid. I'm gonna make fun out of you lols

| If someone says that the sky is green you do not make everyone to support this someone's illusion just to make him or her happy. Instead you say that the sky is blue. Because it is. Pretending that it is not is just hypocrisy.

So, instead of just letting everyone to be happy in their own retarded world, maybe it is better to try and find out what the hell are we all doing in this Universe for once? This will not make everyone happy, sure, but so what?

| Yeah, I get it. Currently we are trying to make everyone happy. So if you see a man dressed like a woman, you don't say them how you truly see them because that would make them sad. Just let everyone live in their false world and be happy.

Guess what? This won't work. People worldviews are not the same. There are those that are better and those that are worse. We can pretend that everyone is equal for a couple of decades more though.

| In any case, fuck you.

| >>794144
Neck yourself, chummer.

| >>794145 so much for being open-minded, huh

| >>794146
I'm not. Neck, rope, go on, we haven't got all day.

| >>794155 well, I don't really care. You can literally reapeat mainstream ideas and think that you are the one that is not single minded.

In any case, you wishing me to kill myself because of my different worlview just proves my point. The bad news is, I am not going to hang myself for now. You can try to kill me yourself if you want to. Killing people for different ideas, yeah, that would surely make the world a better place.

| To get this back on a kinder track, it goes back to ingrained psychological behaviors from pre- and proto-civilization.
>different = unknown
>unknown = potential danger
>danger = avoid/destroy

| And of course, there are always outliers who are willing to engage with that which is danger/u/s.

| >>794155 Well, I just wanted to see a reaction after "something that's a little different to what they're used to". I am not disappointed. Ciao.

| >>b87ccd You're just scared of trans people aren't you?
You must live under a rock to not see the trend of modern days that trans people are gonna be accepted by the vast majority in the near future.

| Dissapointed in the people here. I talk about letting people be and being accepting and the next thing that happens is "I hate trannies and that makes me superior" and "kill yourself". Fun.

To get my thread back on track though, what happened is honestly a good example of what I was talking about.
People don't want to let others be. If they see something that's different to what they're used to or like they get all upset and try to tear it down immediately.

| >>794190 no, I don't hate trans people. I like a bunch of them, actually. I hate the idea of forcing people to accept other people perceptions no matter how fucked up they are.

For example, you see yourself as a teenage girl, I see yourself as a middle-aged man. Is my perception wrong? Maybe, but I want to have an opportunity to voice my opinion anyway even if it will make someone unhappy.

| Vice versa, if someone thinks I have retarded beliefs about our reality, I want them to tell me directly. Yes, I would probably feel bad and embarrassed but that's okay. Pain and suffering are the only constants of human progress.

| >>794220 >>794221
You know very well I never said anything about forcing perceptions on others or whatever. I said don't get on others case over nothing.
I never said anything about anyone's views on reality. I never said don't criticise others, because criticism is important for improvement.
I'm saying if someone has a hobby you don't understand, dress a way you're not used to seeing or something like that, don't just be an asshole to them for no reason.

| >>794009 We do in fact, live in a society

| >>794270 okay. Let me see from an example.

Someone overweight just published their photo. Someone in the comments said that:
a) they are ugly
b) they have a weight problem that can lead to health issues
c) they are fine the way they are

Which comments do you wish to remove?

| >>794307
All of them seem completely useless.

Saying they're ugly, even if they genuinely think so, serves no purpose, for obvious reasons.
Saying they have a weight problem that can lead to health issues serves no purpose, because someone who's overweight is obviously aware of that.
Saying they're fine the way they are doesn't really make sense because nobody was saying otherwise.

Them being overweight doesn't mean that everything surrounding them has to be a convo about weight.

| And, well, I guess that's kind of my point. Why would your first reaction to someone posting a selfie be to comment something about their weight? If they're asking for your opinion or some sort of advice related to them being overweight, then of course. But just automatically making that the conversation whenever you see them just because they're overweight, like, what's the point of that?

| >>794308 got it, thank you.

Well, I would allow all of them. Yes, all of the comments are useless, but at least they are sincere. So, if you want to say someone that they are ugly for absolutely no reason, you can do that. Perhaps it will motivate them to start improving themselves. Perhaps not. It doesn't really matter.

TLDR: fuck being considered about others, just tell everyone whatever truly comes to your mind

| >>794370
I'm a big fan of honesty, but if you have negative thoughts about everyone that's a little different then, well, they're not the problem. You are.
And that's not some "forcing views on others" thing. It's just a genuine, like, if you see something a little different and your first reaction is negativity and going out of your way to be an asshole, then you've got some fucking issues in your head you ain't solved and you're forcing shit on others instead of dealing with it.

| >>794370 This could work IRL, but on social networks, nope. Due to the way internet is, the most common comments will be criticism. If you let everyone say whatever, the person who posted will see 95% criticism, even though that's not representative.
The internet doesn't work like the usual social interactions and we need to handle it differently. What's best I'm not sure, but your solution will overrepresent criticism (and mostly a rude and useless one)

| >>794409
This too honestly. Like, criticism when it comes to talking to people you personally know irl and stuff, sure. Common decency is to only do so when asked or if it's something that's hurting themselves or others, but still.

But online? Fuck no. A lot of people are judgemental and prejudiced so if the world worked like how you wish it did then everything online would be pure negativity (not saying criticism because most people aren't actually criticising, just being cunts).

| That's also something I wanna touch on. The word criticism. People seem to think that criticism and negativity is the same thing. But, criticising is to objectively point something out for the purposes of improvement. Saying in a comment section "ur ugly" or "ur weird lol" is not objective, it's not constructive and isn't in any way helping towards that person improving in any way, and usually the problem in those cases is with the person saying that being delusional, not the OP.

| >>794387 yeah, there are people like this. You just ignore them.

>>794409 And that is why people miss the early internet where there was barely any moderation. Hell yeah, it would be chaos.

I am not telling that my vision is correct. I am telling you it would be funnier than pretending to care about strangers on the internet.

| If people tell you that your hobbies are weird, you can just accept that fact and continue to move forward without changing anything. If people tell you that you are ugly, then maybe you ARE ugly and it is time to do something about it.

So, rather than being considered about everyone, everyone should aim to digest pure toxicity from others and use it for their own benefit.

| >>794507
I'm not saying to pretend to care about strangers. I certainly don't. I'm saying why go out of your way to be negative towards random people. Like, you gotta have a pretty big superiority complex if you think every random person in the world should care about your opinion of them.

>>794508
I'm good at handling toxicity personally having dealt with it my whole life. But it's hard for some people, and despite being good at handling it's still unnecessary.

| And then there's the "ugly" thing again. That's one of those extremely subjective things that people like to pretend is objective.
Like, >If people tell you that you are ugly, then maybe you ARE ugly and it is time to do something about it.
This is such a delusional mindset. With stuff like this people usually just follow mob mentality and prejudice. Like, for real. It's usually based on insecurities from the person saying it rather than those who are told this.

| Like, not everyone exists for you to fuck them, know what I mean? So if you don't find them physically attractive, why should anyone care about that? Why does this random person you've never met need to know that you personally would not have sex with them?
That's the weirdest fucking mindset ever. Then there's also the fact that what you find attractive or not is subjective. So, like, what's even the point? I don't see one. At all.

| To lightly touch on what I said about prejudice as well:
If someone has some deep rooted hatred towards a group of people, they're a lot less likely to find someone of that group attractive, if at all.
You see what I'm saying?
If an Asian person finds black people repulsive due to having a bigoted mindset, then that Asian person calling every black person ugly wouldn't be those black people needing to look better. The problem would lie with that Asian person.
It's all subjective.

| For the hobby part as well, I personally have very bland and basic hobbies (just vidya and music), but if someone were to think one of them were weird and then went out of their way to tell me that, what purpose does that serve?
Like, why should I care that someone I don't know thinks it's weird? It's not like I'm gonna stop, and it's not like that opinion matters in any way at all. So, why go out of your way to try to put someone down? It serves literally no purpose at all.

| >>d1cdd4 You are extremely based

| >>794805
Idk about that, but I'll take it

| nigger

| > Like, you gotta have a pretty big superiority complex if you think every random person in the world should care about your opinion of them.

No, it is normal to care about someone's opinion. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had this discussion in the first place. You care about my opinion enough to respond to me. I care about yours as well.

> I'm good at handling toxicity personally, but it's hard for some people

It is their problem. You can do it. I can do it. They can do it too.

| > And then there's the "ugly" thing again. That's one of those extremely subjective things that people like to pretend is objective...

It is not as subjective as you think it is. Our beauty standards are based on evolution. Men like young, fit females because they provide the best chances for reproduction. Therefore, if something or someone is ugly, it might be because ancestors who thought otherwise just didn't survive or reproduced.

| > Like, why should I care that someone I don't know thinks it's weird?

Well, you shouldn't. You can do anything you want, but I think you should try to understand where other people are coming from. They might be right. They might also be retarded. That is entirely up to you to decide.

| >>793993 my life is joke, so i must to balance it by my seriousness

| >>795015
I don't care much about what you think. I just see your responses as a good way to get out more information about what I think. Sorry to dissapoint.

I wouldn't say that, because people work differently. It's not as black and white as "I can, so they can too". It's just us being luckier.

>>795017
Cap. I ain't never given a shit about fit, young or female. Am I and everyone else who doesn't evolutionary failures? Big doubt on that one homie.

| >>795018
I do try to see where people are coming from. I just usually find myself thinking that where they're coming from is retarded and rooted in some sort of superiority complex, insecurity or prejudice.
I don't see how anyone could come from a logically and correct place if they're just telling people they've never seen before "ur weird for being happy with your hobbies". Nothing constructive, nothing logical, so I'm not gonna waste time thinking about their bullshit.

| >>795015
Also, to clarify, sure. It's normal enough to care about opinions. But random "opinions" from people you've never seen before who just randomly push their "opinion" on you unwarranted? No. You gotta be thinking the world revolves around you if you think people actually care for you pushing your opinions on strangers unwarranted. That's just a mild annoyance and a waste of time.

| >>795082
Do not apologize. This is the case for me as well, so perhaps, "care" is not the right word. What I meant is my opinion has some sort of impact on your life. In this case, this impact is your responses in this thread.

I would argue that this is a skill you can acquire rather than a lucky genetic trate. There are might be exceptions, but their number is not significant enough to do something about it.

| >>795082
My point is, our definitions of nice and ugly mostly come from our brain configurations, not culture. And we want other random people to satisfy our personal beauty standards because in the past there WAS a chance to fuck them. So, from the evolutionary standpoint, fatshaming is in our nature. Is it fair? No. Does it work? Sometimes.

>>795083
Yep, most people are arrogant and stupid. Nothing we can do about it.

| To summarize, we are just not built to live with the Internet.

| >>795098
Agreed.

Not genetics exactly. It can be acquired. Just not for everyone.

>>795099
I disagree. From what I've seen it mainly comes from culture. I mean, think about it. Women used to get fat shamed for having big thighs, butss, breasts and stuff like that not very long ago. Then people who had that went mainstream and portrayed that to be sexy in media, and now people say it's a good thing to have that. Plenty of examples like that, both with physical body and fashion.

| Is there any evolutionary benefit to big thighs? Is there any evolutionary benefit to big butts? Is there any evolutionary benefits to wearing certain brands and types of clothes or having a certain style/colour of hair?
I doubt it. But those are cultural things that affect how people see "beauty".

>>795100
I mean, no. Definitely not. We aren't. But that's not an excuse to be an asshole and waste everyone's time.

| >>795099
He's talking about you, you clueless cringefest.

| This long ass thread isn't fun. Smoke some weed instead

| Is normal. Watching adults on Internet acting like children and sjw pretending to be adults, produces a big ammount of cringe. Enough to make you think about suicide.

| >>795334 I am tired. There are studies on beauty standards stating that they are pretty much universal across different cultures and are based on biology.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6523404/

| So, bulling ugly people on the internet should improve our reproductive chances in terms of the whole population. However, people usually don't care about the fate of their own species, so this doesn't really matter.

| >>795695
There are also plenty talking about how it's mainly subjective. Like, I'm not denying that evolution is a thing homie. I'm just stating that we're past animal instincts, most aspects of beauty are objective and there's no point in doing this >>795696
Roleplaying a hero of evolution as an excuse to call random people ugly online is just, well, a waste of time. And that's my point to this whole thread. If there's nothing gained, then there's no point.

| >>795702
> There are also plenty talking about how it's mainly subjective.

"Talking" is not "studies".

>we're past animal instincts

We are not. Our bodies are mostly the same as 30000 years ago. We can pretend that we are all above that, but it won't work in the long run.

| >If there's nothing gained, then there's no point

The point is to make people who don't suit for evolutionary based standards uncomfortable (overweight, for example). Even if the small portion of them will do something to improve themselves, then it was justified.

Again, you can argue that letting people exist without any worries about their appearance is better. It is not a wrong mindset, just a boring one.

| >>795725
Yeah, yeah. You're a hero for calling people fat. You're evolving the human race. Praise be.
Shaming and pointing out obvious shit doesn't change people. Helping them does. Helping them isn't something you can do as a stranger.
So, you can keep pretending like you're changing lives and making the world better by wasting your own and others time. Just remember that pretending doesn't make it real and being an annoyance isn't gonna do any good for you or anyone else.

| Like, I'm not saying you're not allowed to say what you want. You are. I'm not gonna try to stop you. I just find people like you annoying, which is why I made this thread. You seem like no fun to be around if you're just gonna be negative and waste people's time.

| >>795726 I agree with OP.
Humans should not care or weight their value as a person with how fit their genes are, nor if they have offspring or not.
>>4f2736 Listen. Humans are not frickin' slaves to their genes, and our value as humans SHOULD NOT care for biological metrics.
If you think we are in this planet just to have offspring, you can fuck off.

| >>d1cdd4

I don't know where did you get the idea that I enjoy calling people fat over the internet. I don't really care about other people as long as they don't bother me.

However, when other people do it, I think it is better than let others live in ignorance. It is not objectively better, it is just my opinion.

>>13d050

>humans SHOULD NOT care for biological metrics

Who are you to decide that? I think everyone can care about anything and openly be disgusted about anything.

| Ironically this is the least fun thread right now. This is getting too serious, let's have some FUN instead

| >>795743
>However, when other people do it, I think it is better than let others live in ignorance.
You dumb bro. Ignorance? Really? People aren't so dumb that they can't see if they're overweight or not. That's not a thing. Again, stop pretending like putting insecurities on others = being a hero.

>>795745
I know it's ironic, but it wasn't really supposed to be a fun thread. Making a thread calling out obnoxious people isn't much of a fun topic.

| >>795745
If you do have any ideas for making this topic a fun one though, I'm down. Or any ideas for an actually fun thread. We definitely need more of those and I am not contributing to that right now.

| >>795746
> they can't see if they're overweight or not.

They can see that they are overweight, but often they try to convince themselves that they are fine the way they are.

| More than that, some people are now _promoting_ obesity. So, idk, it seems retarded to me.

| So, my point is you can tell yourself that you are fine the way you are, but you should also accept feedback, even negative and pointless, from other people. That way you will have a more appropriate feeling of yourself in this world.

For example, this thread made me realize that my thought process is in minority there. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it was helpful for everyone, I think.

| So, well, I think we are heading to funnier society if people like me are minority. Isn't it great to realize?

| I'm agree with OP, but mostly about "different" people like trans/lgtb people that are treated badly.

I do think the body-positive movement can be obnoxious and neglectful of the dangers of obesity.
For me, it should not be about accepting obesity as normal or "fine" but it should be about accepting your body just as you are (only if you're overweight or underweight to a healthy extent)
So don't worry lad, you're not that bad.
Just let lgtb people live in peace and you're good.

| >>4f2736 >>795766
Here's the thing though, I never said to normalise obesity. It's obviously unhealthy and people who are dangerously obese need help with that. Literally all I'm saying is that randomly giving strangers shit for it isn't gonna do that.
Also, no. Nobody is promoting obesity. Maybe a small group of loud Americans, but no more. Nobody is saying that it's good or healthy. People are just saying to let them deal with their problems without having strangers yell at them.

| >>795755
I mean, I'm gonna be honest, if people like you were a minority society would probably be more chill at least. But, I don't think you are. I've met and seen lot's of people who think the same way that you do. I just don't think a board like this is where you usually find them.

>>795766
And, yeah. I'm not sure if I mentioned LGBT much in this thread, but, I obviously agree. I have to deal with a lot of shit myself related to that, and it's obnoxious. Sometimes dangerous.

| >>ff356d
Okay, I think that we are repeating ourselves. You are saying "randomly giving strangers shit for it isn't gonna do that". I am saying that sometimes it will because I have seen it worked.

>Nobody is promoting obesity

Sigh. You really don't know what you are talking about.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance_movement

| About the LGBT stuff. Telling people like you to "man up and start looking women" ain't gonna work. People who say this unironically should not have internet access in the first place.

| *liking women

| >>795819
And I've exclusively seen it not work. So, you know.

Yeah. I read through it, and, well, I was right. Nobody is promoting obesity or saying people should be obese or ignore their health. It's literally just "Don't be a cunt to fat people and let them decide how to handle it for themselves".

>>795821
"Man up" doesn't really work and I do like women, but I get your point and I agree. Those people shouldn't have internet access and just shouldn't exist in the first place.

| >>795824
That is what I meant when I said "sometimes"...

By definition, yes. In reality, "the movement has also been criticized for its treatment of women with eating disorders or who follow diets for health-related reasons, since they are seen as betraying the movement. In 2008 Lily-Rygh Glen, a writer and former fat acceptance activist, interviewed multiple women who claimed to be rejected by their peers within the movement and labeled "traitors" when they changed their diets".

| >>795824
So, uhhhh, "woman up and start liking men" then? In any case, we have an agreement.

Yay.

| >>795832
I'm aware of that, and did acknowledge it earlier, but it's such a miniscule minority (at least from what I've seen) that you shouldn't automatically equate those cunts with general body positivity. Body positivity is about how people should be happy despite what they're dealing with and be in control of their own body. Those few extremists actively go against that. They're like those gay people who are biphobic. Not representative and very hypocritical.

| >>795837
Well, that wouldn't exactly work either. But, like, again, I understand, and I still agree.

Yay.

| Also, you just made me realize that I'm basically immune to a lot of stuff along those lines, and now I feel powerful.

Total number of posts: 90, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1634594519

This thread is permanently archived