danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Can I really wear whatever I want in the street?

| I'm scared if someone says something about what I want to wear...

It's nothing offensive or sexual or something like that btw

| If someone says something about what you want to wear, you tell them to go fuck themselves.
It's not impolite, *they* are the one being impolite by infringing on your right to self-expression via means of clothing.
Be cute and be free, g/u/rl.

| Yes, you can even wear t-shirts with ahegao expressions. Amazing, isn't it?

| Wear a full lolita outfit to the grocery store. I've done that before. Do you think anyone stopped me? No. I actually got compliments on my dress. Be the change you want to see in the world.

| From experience, you might get stared at a bit, but yes, you really can wear whatever you want. Almost everyone is walking around in their own little world and isn't paying any particular attention to you.

| >>789558 If someone says something *mean or with he intention of being hurtful*, that's a detail that should be pointed out.
If you lash out at someone who does a comment like "that's a weird dress you're wearing" and nothing else, you're just an asshole.

| Just start violently coughing

| >>789587
Since most people use the word weird to describe something that's "unusual in an unsettling way" it's fine to tell him to fuck off and mind his own buisiness.

| Might get some looks, if it's at parties or out during drinking nights you might hear some shit talking behind your back. You might also get some compliments though.
If it breaks gender norms then maybe be a bit extra careful if you live in not very accepting areas, but you should be alright.

Overall, wearing what you want to wear is worth it. So, do it!

| You can not.

| >>789662
Go fuck yourself.

| I think you can wear more than 10 years ago. Like someone already said, be the change you want to see in the world. Not sure how strong you are, but if someone would say something mean, i would make them uncomfortable and saying how cringe it is to comment strangers on their outfit.

| >>789700 I have fucked you in your mouth

| Don't be scared OP

| While it's nothing provocative like you say, there will be no provlem. Most leople won't even notice, most of ones who'll notice won't give a fuck, and most of the ones, who DO give a fuck, probably won't see you any time again and you won't see them, so why care

| >>790003
This, for real.
My best friend dressing how he wants and being himself is what gave me the courage to do it and endure the few times it goes bad, and me doing that has given other people I know the courage to be more themselves and wear what they want.
Be the change you want to see in the world sounds cliché, but it works.

(Also, most likely you won't have to endure anything. What I wear is a bit more "controversial" here, which is the only reason I've had to, so dw)

| >>790016 what did you wear g/u/rl? I'm curious.

| >>790029
Just stuff that doesn't fit the gender norm, but that alone is apparently very controversial here.

| >>790086 ohh yeah I've heard about certain places where people can get really violent towards people that wear like you do... That's very sad :(
I wish everyone could be their true selves without fearing phisical/mental violence in their surroundings.

| I wear a shirt with absolute gigantic anime tiddies in public. You just gotta wear it eith confidence

| >>790110
Luckily I know people who are known to, well, not hesitate with getting violent. So as long as I'm with him then violence isn't a huge threat to me. But definitely have to deal with a lot of verbal stuff and "unsaid" stuff.
But, ay. It is what it is. It'll be better one day, and I'm used to dealing with shit like that.

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1632592322

This thread is permanently archived