danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I'm legal now!!!

| Yay :3

| no sex
fine - death of sex

| I am mildly concerned as to what this is implying,though congratulations?

| >>772690 No need to be concerned, we all know the implications are bad.

| >>772692
Wha-
What's that supposed to mean? I'm just celebrating my birthday :(

| Actually, this kinda bothered me for a while. Why can legal adults drive, have sex, and do all kinds of other things, but still can't drink for three more years? What kinda logic is that?

Anyway, happy birthday OP.

| >>b08c31 depends where you are. In Manitoba Canada, you can drive at 16. But you can also drink at home, under parental supervision at home at 16. (And your friends can also drink with you so long as their legal guardian(s) know and gave consent)

| >>772703
Uh. I can legally drink now. Only up to 20%, but, yeah. It just depends on where you live! Even though I'm only now worldwide legal, I've been legal here for two years already. So just different places have different stuff.

And, thank you!

| >>772703 Yeah, it bothers me too, why are people dumb enough to drink alcohol? Is cancer such a cool thing?

| >>772741
Bruh...
I mean, good for you. But, like, Jesus Christ. I feel like higher chance of cancer and liver failure is more fun than being miserable.
Not saying "do drugs", but people should be allowed to do what they want with their bodies. If they're over 18 they should be able to choose if they think it's worth it for themselves, and most people do it to cope, not because they think it's cool. I don't think anyone over the game of 12 thinks that.

| *over the age

| >>8fb154 that's what years of prohibition does to you

>>c23afa it's alright if people think alki is icky pooey. Just don't be a meanie about it.

There are a bunch vices out there that people do that have the same coping mechanisms as droogs. Just ask a vegan.

| >>772761 Oh but I don't care if people drink (there is actually already natural selection pushing alcohol intolerance mutations anyway), but I do care if they do it outside of their home. Because we both know that alcohol is the source of many "accidents" that cause a lot of injuries and deaths.

People can use all the drugs they want, but then don't go out because you're a danger for everyone.

| Ight, semd noodles.

| >>772788
Basically what I tried to say. Like, I don't have anything against people not liking alcohol. But don't be a bitch about it.

| >>772814
What kind of fantasy horror world are you living in? The majority of people are *perfectly fine* being drunk and/or on drugs outside. You're living in fear of some statistics that you made up in your own head.

| >>772873 It's like saying that you shouldn't wear a mask because most people are "perfectly fine" in the pandemic. That's a bit irrational.

| >>772876
That's the second most retarded thing I have ever read on this site.

Knowing how to behave while drunk has *nothing* in common with spreading deadly pathogens around.

You're *still* living in fear of an irrational statistic that you made up in your own head.

| >>772876
All the stuff about drug users being a menace to society is literally just media stigmatisation. Like, trust me. I live in a drug infested small town. Ain't a single person here ever been a threat to anyone other than themself.
But then I look at the media and they're saying shit like "People who use X drugs will fucking murder you and your family". Like, what are you on? Some motherfucker spaced out chilling in their own world ain't a threat to nobody. Fuck off.

| >>772880 So your "Like, trust me" argument is quite strong, but "Driving under the influence is one of the largest risk factors that contribute to traffic collisions. For people in Europe between the age of 15 and 29, driving under the influence is one of the main causes of mortality." (Wikipedia).
So yeah, even *if* they don't go and murder everyone, they are a threat. And I'm pretty sure that some murders are caused solely by drug use.

| >>772895
Yeahhh that still falls under the "Knowing how to behave while drunk" thing from >>649292 though.

| >>772895
This: >>772909
Like, legit. It's not the drug that does that. Drugs don't take over your brain like some parasite in a movie. It's like the whole thing with how someone who's hypnotised can't be forced to do something they don't want to do. Like, if someone doesn't want to kill someone then trying to hypnotise them to do it won't work. It's a similar thing with drugs.

| But, uh, yeah. It was birthday! And, now it's not. So, goodbye!

| >>772912 and op still has not semd noodles

| >>772703
In the USA, it's because they tied legal drinking age of 21 as a requirement for states to receive federal funds for road construction.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1626583111

This thread is permanently archived