danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Feeling like breaking down

| Even in normal situations I'm literally screaming internally. And I fear the day will come when I won't be able to hold it in. I think my life is finally getting to me, even though I was so nonplussed about it until a while ago. I'm in my late twenties and I still live with my parents, I've never dated anyone and I barely have any friends left, and even then none of them are close. I just can't keep a relationship going, always end up drifting apart, and I struggle to make new ones

| By all accounts it shouldn't be that bad. I have loving parents (maybe even too loving, but it really feels wrong to even say it like that's a bad thing) and a decent job that pays well. I'm relatively healthy, in body and mind, except maybe being slightly neurasthenic. But all my interests are fairly solitary and I've never really been a people's person. And it's biting me in the ass real hard right now, but any attempt at changing it only ends up hurting me more. I'm so lost.

| Have sex and have fun.

| >>771978
Never had the former, and can't really have either right now, as you can see.

| I am going to make an anime about this. Thank you OP.

| >>771980
Nice! At least I managed to inspire someone with my pathetic example, if nothing else. Please do contact me again if you need any deeper insight.

| sometimes you'll just have to keep fighting on
i know that it's hard sometimes but always remember that life is a thing that you should cherish and that you yourself can turn around for the better
stay strong g/u/rl

| >>771984
I mean... Will I keep fighting on? Yes, yes I will. Even though it's getting really tiring and I don't even see a point in it since I don't really "have a life" so much as I just keep stumbling through my existence. I don't plan on throwing even what semblance of life I have away. But I don't feel strong for it. I'm just doing this out of spite more than anything else at this point.

| >>771986 I propose that you should read a little bit of philosophy/ies, like "Sysifus's Myth", "Man in search of purpose" by Victor Frankl (I may get the book's name wrong).
Oh! Also, I'd like to add my personal favourite philosophies, Stoicism and Taoism, that may appear strongly in Marcus Aurelius's books (stoic), and in "Tao te Ching" by Lao-tsu (taoism)
(1/2)

| (2/2) In smaller words.. I'd say that everyone should appreciate the little things in life. Like eating a tasty breakfast! And looking at the stars in the night! And Playing videogames! And reading wonderful books!

And many.. many things more. For me, this is what makes life worth living.

| I wish I had an answer for you. I have been trying myself to get back into my hobbies and to find what I like to do after my life fell to shit last year with my S.O. cheating on me.

Best I can offer is maybe look to try some new hobbies? go volunteer maybe? If you really want people in your life, it takes some effort to keep them in your life.

| you could always look at options with your hobbies you have now where maybe you can make them be a shared thing? (like to read, book club. Like to play VNs? maybe look into making one and asking people to play your game. even if you don't plan to publish.)

| >>a3dabc
Read all those already. Stoicism is definitely not my cup of tea, and while taoism is a lot closer to my beliefs and values, I struggle to apply it in everyday life.
The little things, while definitely enjoyable, are a bit TOO little. Some days trying to enjoy all these things feels like trying to cover a gaping wound with a band-aid.

| >>96e4b1
>my S.O. cheating on me
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, g/u/rl.

>want people in your life
That's the thing though, I can try more social hobbies, and I can meet new people. BUT, I literally, no joke, have no idea how to actually get closer and develop a relationship (friendly, romantic, or otherwise). Which is fairly evident by the fact that I couldn't keep any of those existing relationships going. I have no problem putting in effort, I don't know where to put it.

| >>772076
>that sucks
By 'that', do you mean her?

| >>772077
Good one. That too, I guess.

| >>772077 me again, and nah. She wishes she could have. But it was with some jobless fuck on the other side of the planet online. So she's just a heartless cunt...

>>772076 it usually starts with time. Find someone you want to hang with? Ask them to hang out on a semi regular basis. I lost all of my highschool friends when I got out. I turned into someone new. You may be doing the same. Just gotta hope you find your place.

| Feel you OP, you, I and many others are at the Apex of technically being alive, but lacking any meaningful connections to others or ourselves.

It does feel good to see read about people in the same situation as myself more or less, so thanks for sharing.

For functions that help is gonna depend on what you like to do though.

Making games and a customer service job with a lot of downtime with coworkers helped,

| Think the issue a lot of the time is that we get used to living a certain way and breaking that cycle isn't in an epiphany or relationship.

Just a slow grind of ritualising selfcare to get to the point where you actually care. Then relationships and appreciation for all the good things you have comes.

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1626104354

This thread is permanently archived