danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
what do i advice to a procrastinator

| i got a friend, who has a LOT of plans they wanted to do. just, i never see them start it at all. i encouraged them with all i can but i dont see any progress. they always seem to have something going on when it's the perfect time to start.

how can i help them start their projects?

| >>22d2df
Damn, am I your friend? Probably not, coincidences like that don't happen. But I am pretty much the same.
Anyway, first of all, this is not your responsibility. While it is admirable to support your friend and wish them success, unless they want to actually start doing shit they won't start doing shit. If they really want to change it, maybe find a way to hold them accountable, like some kinda agreement or a bet. But don't push too much or it'll have an opposite effect.

| Put him in a death or life situation where he has to do something or he dies. That will teach him

| Tell them to procrastinate procrastinating.

| >>770227 isn't actually that far off. Give them a concrete deadline (after talking to them ofc, they need to agree xD) and a real "threat" in case they miss it.
Is that sustainable? Probably not. But the only other option is basically life changes and that's not something you can control, and this way you can help them take the hardest step - getting started

| What is he procrastinating on? If it's about cleaning his home just tell him you hooked him up with a girl and he'll clean it in 1 hour flat. 10% of the time it works every time.

| People secretly enjoy not achieving their tasks because it means nothing changes. They don't have to experience victory or defeat just a perpetual "I'm working on it."

| >>770435
True. Fear of failure is a big thing in this case.

| >>360bfd Damn boy, you said it all

| Tell them that if they don't do anything they'll end up like you. Guaranteed motivation.

| >>770520 damn gurl that hurt

Don’t do anything lmaooo, you’ll just become a mom then

| but being a mom is cool and swag!

| Your friend is you, amirite?

| Talking about your project apparently gives you the same dopamine release as if you actually finished the project, so if you want something done you should keep your mouth shut until it's finished.

| That's your friends stuff, not yours. But in any case, start off with awareness. Procrastination is not necessarily bad, but thinking about "why" I'm procrastinating helps to make better decisions.

| Kidnap them, lock them in a room with a screen and tutorial videos on loop, and force them to watch it until they learn. THEY WILL LEARN HOW TO PROGRAM PYTHON DAMMIT
>>771163 that's also true

| Boredom and/or fear

| just remind them that the things that they put off are the very same things that will continue to haunt them in the future as long as they don't do it.

they're wasting both time and peace of mind knowing that they could've started their projects but chose not to.

| >>770435 damn that's me and I hate it. The closer I get to finishing a project, the more I procrastinate. It will fuck me in the ass someday

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1625879974

This thread is permanently archived