danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
wanting to do everything at once but ending up not doing anything at all

| is how i spent the past couple of days
maybe even about a week now that i think about it
it feels terrible and what's worse is that i cannot seem to break the cycle
only adding more and more to my to-do list which makes me less and less likely to do any of it
wat do

| When that happens to me, it is generally because of reddit. I just scroll down for literal hours and then end up hating myself. Maybe it could help to keep yourself away from easy entertainment.

| leddit

| I spent most of the day last Wednesday sleeping because i yanked out my internet and left my project on screen in my bedroom.

And on another i played some corporate hell rts for 8 hours.

But i met this new g/u/rl at work and don't want to be seen as a complete piece of shit so I'm starting to get back into it.

Try and get laid OP.

I love sex.

| Relatable

| I generally just pull up to where the thing I need or want to do is done, and at first it feels painful and like your body doesn't cooperate, but if you keep pushing forward you eventually finish the first thing leaving you in. Abetter position to do the second thing and third and fourth and so on

| >>769793 I agree with this. Choose the one you have the most motivation in, once you finish one thing you'll hop to the next, and next, and next, and onwards. The hardest step is really the first. Don't bounce between things but finish them up one at a time.

| >>769793 >>769977
sounds good but
what if all those things take a long time to do
like take a real fricking commitment
so then i'm like "yea i really need to take a break"
and it all happens again
i just can't be doing this over and over every time

| Confidence plays a role too, if you have a fixation on being a failure at certain activity it might be better to do something completely different that you can actually complete.

Something that isn't dependent on other people but you can feel good about it.

Then you can swap lanes as it were and transfer that confidence over.

Personally I like to do some exercise.

|

| Give me an A

| Give me a D

| Give me an H

| Wait what was I doing again?

| I keep thinking of wanting to play a game but never do.

| >>6a0b45 it might be, but i assume OP is too lazy to get a diagnosis.

So the next best thing is some push ups or nothing at all!

| >>770180
If it is ADHD his actions might not be due to lazyness. Untreated ADHD in adults often lead to a perpetual state of exhaustion since your brain isn't able to fully enter a resting state for prolonged periods of time. The neurological activity from ADHD doesn't even stop when you sleep. Shitsux.

| >>770180
I am lazy, but I am not that lazy. Mental health in my country is not a spectrum, if you're not dangerous enough (to yourself or others) to be institutionalized - then you're healthy, there is no in-between. The best I got from a psychiatrist was a dismissive handwavy neurasthenia diagnosis quite a few years back.

>>770191
Sure feels like that, yeah. Shit does indeed suck.

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1625153706

This thread is permanently archived