danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why do you like gore?

| I had a classmate in college who would browse this one website during class, stuff made me feel awful for a week.

Watched it the same way someone pops a zit in anticipation.

He was an alright amigo otherwise though which was weird.

My assumption was that because he came from a shitty family that didn't care as a kid your allowed to get up to freaky stuff unsupervised.

Same dude liked Kiss x Sis and got into fights with a screwdriver and robbed people out of labrokes.

| What's a more typical experience? Is it just due to desensitization?

| >>dd0815 I gotcha. In a certain way it's just a taboo being exploited for fun from another angle.

Except with a tragic anime backstory of abuse which changes those parameters?

Instead of "Step sis is stuck in the washing machine" it's "Watch this village go to town on a dude with machetes".

Oh and they never got guro from what I remember. Just creepy pasta shit irl.

Not to be stereotypical, but are you into noise/breakcore/happyhardcore music?

| I like violence.I like to watch, i like to do it. I got my job just because i can be violent and i get paid for this,
And i think im like that because i have a fucked family. Dad teached me how to kill Animals when i was nine. I was crying, i said i wont do it. He killed the cat in front of me. Idk i think this is why i am how i am

| >>780579 That makes a surprising amount of sense. Working at a farm exposes you to some gnarly stuff.

Oh and it's a guess, but yeah country side people can get away with some awful things. Namely because there isn't anyone to call them out.

I'd imagine it'd be difficult to get away with cat murder in an apartment complex.

Thank you for sharing

| I don't like gore but I learned to tolerate it because I've been around the internet long enough to expect surprise gore attacks on any site that allows image uploading

| >>780579 im not from the countryside.
I live in a big city. People here just dont care.

| My dad used Animals just because he couldnt use people to teach me how to kill.

| But idk. I am happu because i can do what i love everyday. It may be bad, but whatever. I wish everyone of you to work on what makes you happy. That is a privilege that not everyone can have.

| Happy*

| Personally I'm not into gore myself. But a lot of us do naturally have a cruel streak (I show my more sadistic side in video games).

Much like how a lot of people in the past used to pay to see public executions or how many people today like good horror movies/shows/games, I think some people get a thrill of seeing something disturbing.

| >>cc6299 what a thrill

| >>cc6299 I agree, just have to look at gta and most people turn into spree killers. However there is a distinct difference or safety net when it's artificial.

Otherwise guro g/u/rls would just watch horror movies.

| >>768260
>"Watch this village go to town on a dude with machetes"
Weakly so... I prefer the artistically idealized version of it, not nig gore which is just a bit too real, even though I do have some morbid fascination with it.
>noise/breakcore/happyhardcore music
I dislike the vague idea I have of these, they're really not my genres

It doesn't sound like you really get it still.

| >>768292
>My dad used Animals just because he couldnt use people to teach me how to kill
I love cats and hate cat killers, but I have respect for parents that teach these things to their children.
And, see, that being also something I like may help understand my aesthetic.
>>768340
>a lot of us do naturally have a cruel streak
Yeah kind of!
>>768352
AAAH SAFETY NETS (>>768256)

| I kinda wish my parents had both been elitist psychopaths whose parental affection manifests in forcing their son to kill his weaknesses and teach him to slay his enemies
Instead I am a husk of wasted potential.

| >>4135a1 sounds like you're more of a david lynch type of person. I assume some sort artistry or guro perhaps?

| >>f86ba2 i think disciplining your kid is important, but making your kid kill animals should only be allowed in farm settings or ages ago.

In the context of modern society it's pretty fcked. I would hazard to idolise the idea of throwing kids into the fire at a young age.

Though i understand why you feel the way you do.

| I don't

| >>768265
This

| >>768434
Well you're not gonna understand it if you're not in my cultural circles

| >>768395 the problem is when you have parents like that, when you grow up, your mind is fucked and you cant maintain a healthy relationship with anyone.

| My father raised me like i was about to go to a war. And theres no war to fight. I know that where i live is kill or be killed everyday. But thats how it is everywhere

| Thats isnt war. Thats life.

| >>780579 this one, like homegrown ptsd

| Why there are so many people with fuc#ed up childhood? That's very sad.

| >>768650
Relationships with "people" are overrated

| >>768664 well the number of people with terrible childhoods will slowly decrease because childhood lead poisoning is a thing boomers and early millennials had.
Leaded gas was banned in the 70s, for context.

| >>768352 I think you misunderstood me. Don't get me wrong, I'm the first person to say that video games = violence is bullshit - if anything I think the opposite.

My point is that I think that perhaps the satisfaction for gore comes from the same instinct. Humans like to be entertained especially by things they usually can't/shouldn't see.

It's also like the type of people who slow down on the highway to look at the aftermath of a crash.

| >>768352 For the record I'm>>cc6299.

| >>83db67 correct in that it sits within a context.

E.g.if there was a rule to wear hats from day 1 you can guarantee that there would be sickos that would not wear hats and people that would peek at someones head if it slipped off.

But as we can see it's not just about prohibition. How you are raised seems to be an important part. Let's remember that although public executions used to be popular, it was for puritan reasons.

The person that was viewed poorly was the executioner.

| I don't like watching it. But i'm doing it to see the reality of this world. It's something else if u hear the news of terrorists killing and the people are just a number for you or if you see it yourself. Or watching suicides. Maybe people would care a lot more about the people around them if they would know the brutal and sas reality of how suicides really happen.

| >>fe2fc4 it's a nice sentiment but i think people said the same about the news. The content changes and becomes more extreme overtime but the consumption remains the same.

Also not to mention people doing it for the emotional kick and not introspection.

| >>768970 this

| Dunno, I dont like guro but I sometimes watch it in order to being able not to be shocked by it. And a few months ago I happened to see a man, killed by a train on my station. He was lying near to a rail. He was looking whole at first, but as I looked closer I saw his internals. They were still smoking, as it was a cold winter day.

Although it had its effect on me, I wasn't shocked by this accident. I guess it's because I had seen worse things on the internet before.

| >>769030
Hot, news source?

| >>769055 you mean, the news about the dead man hit by train? I never managed to found it, probably wasn't a big deal.

| >>780579
I really hope you are just joking around

| >>768246 i like honestly only artistic gore.. car crashes and so are boring.. but.. i like kind of things like kill bill, blade of immortal, sion sono movies, battle royale, gantz etc.. About aesthetic and unique things "^^

| >>769759 yeah! That artistic aesthetic is pretty enjoyable!

| I watched it because i used to be the moderator of a big chan.

| Gore "aesthethic"? Maybe you even find pieces of cow shit aesthethic?

| >>769822 trust me, https://facebook.com/jackfroot/videos/1544798342245074/ ^^

| >>c1144e it is not because something is outside of your reality that it means that it is not real. there are even worse parents, if you don't know that it means you live in a cave.

| >>780579 people tend to forget that conflicts still happen and sectarian violence is common place in a lot of the world.

I suppose it's a little surprising to see someone post about it on a text board about waifu bartending.

| >>768246
>got into fights with a screwdriver and robbed people out of labrokes

Guy sounds cool. I like gore videos because we as a collective society and individuals in the domesticated first world don't get enough, irl. It reminds you that there is a reality of life and death beyond the dopamine oriented "reality" that we fabricate.

| >>e32271 i guess this type of place is where you can find fucked up people easily.

| Fucked up people are everywhere tho.

You could sit in a bus close to a rapist ir murderer, and you will never know

| Will murder-sama protecting me while i will sleep next to the person in bus~ ?

| I can jerk to anything. Sometimes I just need something special instead all of that mainstream hentais.

| One word.........bruh.

| Also i'm self harming... I just realised that i feel comfortable about when blood is leaving my body... It is little bit kind of suicidal romance?

| >>245298 i think their are better things to idolise friend. Be safe.

Stop playing danganronpa.

| >>770589 BRUUUUUUUUH

| Guys you are really ugly

| Also like footfetishists and other guys

| >>768256
That sums it up perfectly I think, as if at a very young age our mind grew up thinking our world was a very hostile environment, but when we're released into it, it's like going into a noise-cancelling room, so little noise it becomes irritating. But we're not the strange ones here, they are. We just know how the real world works.

| Seeing gore pages really shocks me, but it also enlightened about the violence in the real world, especially the type that is censored in mainstream media. The stuff you see ( or at least from what I see) is mainly police (not always crime) scenes, drug cartel executions, suicides, vids of accidental murder/death. I don’t visit these pages often, because after the initial shock, the content generally becomes the same (not to say you won’t keep thinking about it for a long time)

| I think I visit these sites periodically because I t reminded me of my mortality, gore shows that our bodies are really fragile, which makes me want to do something meaningful with my life ironically enough.

Most of videos with murder happen in low income countries. So it reminds of an environment where I’m not exposed to, (I feel fortunate, but to all folks living in these areas, I hope things turn out better for you and stay safe).

| Seeing how people under loose law enforcement, reminds me of how shit people are and of my ambition to be a capable person.

Another part of it, is a morbid fascination with death. Because I am still working out this whole existential crisis thing, and I never got out of my childhood phase of understanding it. it’s still hard to comprehend how something that was alive a minute ago can just die. My death really scares me, and watching these vids will help me understand better

| I don’t really understand how someone can find death artistic, I feel like that borders on fetishism.

I wonder if everyone would look at gore once just to gain awareness. If you know you are easily disturbed, it’s because you haven’t been exposed to this stuff imo. I’ve heard some stories of people being traumatised by their parents corpse after heart attack. Death is something don’t come across often but not something you can evade. So better to understand it sooner than later.

| Stay safe and wear mask, god bless!

| >>c14c75 i agree in this sense, if you like meat you should probably watch what happens in a factory.

If you declare a war you should probably have a visual for the grim details.

I can't help but feel like justifying watching it with "This lets me see the underbelly of mankind" is a bit of a goof.

If you have a morbid enjoyment like watching a car crash just own it.

Total number of posts: 63, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1625339627

This thread is permanently archived