danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Getting into a thread about thing just to say you don't like thing

| This is about /v/ specifically, but I guess it applies generally.

If there's a thread talking about something, and op clearly likes the thing and want to talk about it, please don't post just to say why you don't like the thing. Simply move on. Let other people have their discussion.

Sure, voicing your opinion is fine and all, but going against the premise of the discussion right off the bat is just not productive.

| shit thread you got going on OP B)

| But if I need to tell them why they're wrong! I need to tell them why MY taste in a certain media is WAY superior to theirs and that they shouldn't be allowed to enjoy something that I don't!
My opinion is WAY more valuable than other people's opinions and I'm doing them a favour by telling those pathetic people how they SHOULD think.
If people don't think EXACTLY like ME then they SHOULDN'T THINK AT ALL!!!

(Parody, if you couldn't tell.)

| Welcome to the Internet, OP.

| I don't like whining but I don't know how to show it...

| That's really annoying, yeah. Some people just don't really understand the basics of being polite and considerate of others, so, well..

| >>752225
Tbh they don't even seem to understand the basics of conversationing or the reason why people make threads/posts in the first place. It's not like anyone actually cares if you never played the game or didn't enjoy it.

I think people just makes these posts for attention. I think it's the kind of people who spends 6 hours a day online instead of seeing friends.

It's annoying having to filter out their noise though.

| >>752270
Facts. They don't understand basic human interaction, and they don't try to either.

| Elona

| I value honesty more than politeness

| Being contrarian for the sake of it is cancer. People like that tend to be annoying outside of anonymity, as well.

| >>752277
Thread name: "I really like X"
Response: "I don't like X because it's fucking trash why the fuck would anyone enjoy this shit are you retarded?"
OP: "I made this thread to talk about how I liked it. Why are you being toxic?"
Response: "Fucking snowflake can't handl honesty go die in your little echo chamber fucking faggot"

That's usually how those threads are, and that's not called honesty. That's called going out of your way to change the topic just to be a toxic cunt.

| Not saying that those are the people you were referring to, and if it's a discussion thread like "what did you like about X and what did you not like about it?" and people just say "I think it's good because Y" or "I think it's bad because Y", that would be normal and honest interaction.

But most of the time it's like what I described in the last post.

| >>752292
You know, ironic as that might be in this thread, I've got a bit of a counter-example.
Thread name: "X"
OP: "What are your opinions on X? Let's talk about it"
First user: "X is kinda bad, I was really disappointed by Xa and Xb"
OP: "Damn can't make a thread without someone shitting on my parade"
Second user: "I'm really sorry you had to deal with that OP, some people are just assholes and can't let others enjoy things"

This has to stop too. Negative opinion is still valid

| >>752326
This is a bad example since it literally never happens. If someone asks for our opinions and you respond with constructive negative critisism no one will throw a fit. You literally made up a fake example in an attempt to drive your point home, whatever that may be...

| >>752326 >>752328
Yeah. I mean, I agree that if it happened then that would be annoying, but, I've never seen that happen here.

| >>752328
Didn't that happen with the Disgaea thread?
OP asks for opinions, some gave their opinions, OP sad, etc.
People even gave valid negative criticism saying the gameplay is nothing like Disgaea, which it isn't, and OP never responded to those.

| >>752341
Oh yeah, I forgot about that thread. That OP flew off the handle quite fast when someone called gacha games shit.

I don't blame OP for not responding to the gal who said the gameplay is different though, because that gal also insulted OP.

If you go out of your way to be toxic and make someone feel bad you can't really expect them to sincerely reply to your criticism anymore. Who wants to interact with an immature, socially inept asshole, right?

| >>752341 >>752343
I'm also a bit ashamed to reveal that I was the toxic gal who insulted OP in that thread.

| >>752326
I'm the second user. I got incensed when someone's knee-jerk response is "mobile game = trash" (especially in a thread where op wants to have a good discussion about it!). I guess op and I both got too upset.

And then the thread predictably devolved into name-calling, which is sad.

| Sometimes it's kind of hard, I guess, to tell when an opinion is wanted and when it isn't. Like, sometimes people can say "what do you think about x?" and you might think you should answer even though x is just clearly not your kind of thing and you have nothing useful to add.

I'm not saying you shouldn't say any negative opinions. Just that you read the room, I guess.

And you can make a new thread if you really want to say why you don't like something.

| >>752344
And I'm ashamed to reveal I'm OP. Tried to make a thread, some people changed the topic and made it negative as always, and I kinda went off a bit.

>>752359 >>752360
Well, I made that thread expecting both negatives and positives, but not over the top toxic shit about how gacha makes you retarded and is the reason my mom died, you know? There's a difference between that and a discussion, and then I got pissed at a few people and killed the thread.

| And that's honestly a very good exa of what we've been talking about. Some people in that thread were good, but even though OP asks for opinions, trying to make others feel like shit for having a different opinion is still toxic, you know?
It's the toxicity that's the problem. Not that people have different opinions. Differing opinions won't change, but, we can stop being cunts just for the sake of being cunts.
And if you're socially stunted, just accept it when you get called out.

| Not trying to put all this on others either. With Disgea as example, I mean, as >>752343 said, I did fly off the handle quite fast, which is also bad because it makes the people who are toxic want to be even more toxic and takes attention away from the actually decently written replies.

What I'm trying to say is that people here have a lot to learn. The toxic cunts need to learn basic social interaction and the others need to learn to not fuel the toxicity and just let them know.

| >>752292
Post I replied to: >>752274
Post you think I replied to: >>752184
Your opinion: >>/upyourass/

| >>752418
How am I supposed to know that when you didn't reply to anything? I mean, I apologize, but I had no way of knowing.

| >>752421
You are right. Fuck!

| i've never ever seen this many hypocritical special snowflakes in one place together as in this thread
i mean like
wow
holy shit

| >>752432
Hi snofwlake

| >>752432
You a little sensitive, huh? Bet your mom's a faggot. Go back to your echo chamber.

(Am I doing it right?)

Jokes aside though, if anyone here was confused about what "not understanding social interaction" looks like, this is a good example.

So, if you act like that, be it irl or online, you should take a bit of a look at yourself. It's annoying for others and it'll make people dislike spending time with you. Just unpleasant for everyone really.

| >>752435
You seem to act like everyone thinks like you

| >>752435
Almost got me in the first half, not gonna lie. This is a good post actually.

| >>752447
Homie, come on now. Are you really trying to tell me that people enjoy it when people are toxic to them, don't read social situations and always sour the mood no matter the conversation or situation?
I mean, if you do then, I guess my point is wrong. But the only place I've seen people enjoy that is on a few Discord servers I used to go on, and people except for those few didn't stay on those servers very long. I've never seen it irl.

| That's not what I said, stop acting like you know what people think.
Did I get that right?

| >>752456
Well, not everyone thinks like you. People have reasons that don't fall square into your logic.

| >>752435 also got me in the first half

Also, imma sneak this into the thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXArovLJ60A

Basically, assume most people have good intentions and don't be an asshole. It's easy as that to have a good time on the internet.

| >>752479
I HAVE GOOD INTENTIONS AND AM AN ASSHOLE

| >>752479
>assume most people have good intentions and don't be an asshole
Yet for some reason most people in this thread tend to assume that anyone who doesn't agree with them is an asshole and has no intentions other than pissing in their tea. And then they project their feelings on others starting to "defend" them
What baffles me most is that they somehow assume that your opinion being different allows them to attack you ad hominem, yet somehow these "moralists" play victim still

| >>752484 those two things can be mutually exclusive, if you are self aware why do you keep doing it tho?

| >>752593
It's me.

| >>752491
lol

| >>752200 this but unironically

| bUt CoUlD iT bE tHeIr OpInIoNs aRe...

DdaAnNgGeErRoOuUsS?

It's the Internet, if you have opinion to say something, others can also say something, if you don't like it create your own dictatorship web where only you can talk.
Also coming from /v/ specifically, there is a problem between g/u/rls who don't like things and g/u/rls who don't like criticism about the things they like and they also can't answer why they like something. Like "I like something because I like it".

| >>752980 worst part is that these thread creators get away liking things by hating other things, but that, as accepting other's opinions, is something they are not prepared to talk about.

| >>752991 sry I didn't meant to answer>>752980

| /V/ doesn't feel like a discussion board at all anymore. I used to post criticism expecting people to defend things, to have more points of view in consideration, to see where I was wrong or consider what I wasn't seeing. But all I learnt was that most g/u/rls don't have criteria and can't think on their own with possible schizophrenia signs (for things like: g/u/rls says "in my opinion this is..." with the answer "you are imposing your opinion" this >>752200 but on the other side)

| There are threads like "This game is the best" half of them ruined, with JW that keep saying "let Op enjoy things" while Op rants about the existence of any other videogame.

And then there are threads like "I loved this game, that's it" and to this day they haven't been ruined, unless probably gacha ones for obvious not-the-right-public reasons.

| >>752993
Unfortunately, I won't forgive you unless you give me your virginity as a compensation

| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXArovLJ60A

| >>752990
You have some good points, but here's my problem with what you're saying.
Why do you need to defend why you like something? Like, what?
If I eat food and I think it tastes good, and then I say it tastes good, wouldn't it be kinda scuffed if someone grilled me on why I liked the food?
Like, if I do something and it makes me feel nice, why is that bad? Not everyone is autistic to the point where they micro analyse every little thing they do. I just play game and feel good.

| You shouldn't need to dissect a game or really any media or experience to have to defend why you enjoyed it. It's not like you choose what things you enjoy and what things you don't.

I just really don't understand that mentality. Like, "you have to be a game reviewer to be allowed to say you enjoyed a game".

Is it just me who thinks that really elitist and just, kinda fucking dumb?

| > /V/ doesn't feel like a discussion board at all anymore. I used to post criticism expecting people to defend things

If this is your idea for a discussion no wonder /v/ died out...

| >>753047 >>753049 On my own personal manner, I really like feedback as I want to develop games, I want to know what people enjoys from a game and what they dislike. Without that feedback I feel there will be a certain kind of people I'll never reach because I simply don't understand their point with no communication.

| Games should be enjoyed by everyone together even if people play different, but telling others your way of playing could mean a whole new world to others even on their favourite games, best example being speedruns, nuzlockes and those kind of challenges.

| This also cause a problem on games lost in story, if you just don't talk about what it is, simply say you liked it when I don't know anything about you, I have no way to discover the game you say you like, and games shouldn't be neglected that way.

| >>753067 no matter the language the definition is always the same for "discussion":
the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
"the committee acts as a forum for discussion"
a conversation or debate about a specific topic.

If you don't listen to the other side it stops being a discussion, if you have another meaning for a discussion I'd gladly read your idea.

| >>753071
Well the thing is of you're gonna ask for feedback in such a socially inept way it's no surprise that you're not getting any high quality feedback in return...

| >>753077 >socially inept way
How I usually ask: "Why do you like it?"
Probably I have a social problem there, but I don't see why, for me it's a simple Why question, would you mind explaining me how is it bad, please?
Would it have something to do with American/British English differences I'm not seeing?

| >>753080
That's not what you said earlier in this thread. Girl, are you telling a fib?

| >>753081 There we go again, not answering what I ask...

What did I say before, that doesn't relate to what I said later and you are considering it a fib?

| >>753134
>I used to post criticism expecting people to defend things
When you got called out for acting wrong you changed it to:
>How I usually ask: "Why do you like it?"

And that's the end of our convo. If you can't even understand this much then discussing with you any further was doomed from the start.

| >>753071
That doesn't really justify trying to force that out of random people. I understand where you're coming from, but you really need to learn social interaction. Not everyone is a game journalist or game psychologist who wants to give you their deep thoughts on how they think certian things in games affects people's minds.

| >>753150 Well those are totally different cases. To begin with I never exemplified the first case, one of my latest threads "What's the deal with Pokemon Snap?" was me trying to learn about the game (really didn't even get a proper answer that was defending how the game is).
The second case was related to some discussion where I asked a g/u/rl Why did they liked something but never got an answer and got accused all the time for the thing this thread critics.

| >>753150 btw Aren't you a little TOO MUCH hypocrite? you come here ranting about these persons while you are doing exactly what you critize. I know I'm bad at socializing, but you aren't one to judge as you didn't even read my whole opinion (or else you would understand a little more) while you probably are chanting in your head *mic drop* thinking you are superior to anyone.

| >>753159 Yep I did it wrong, trying to mimic how other g/u/rls handled it.
But I didn't try to ask people for a game journalist (people who are forced to give a good review are relatable on that matter?) but I take Danger/u/ 's taste to be similar to me in a casual manner. I discovered many hidden gems thanks to /v/ thanks to g/u/rls saying why a game was good.
Fun how I simply ask for features they like but I guess however I formulate a question is always wrong when I do it.

| >>753188
You do it aggressively, and if you're the person I've seen around on /v/ before your messages basically have the vibe of "I think this game is bad because of X, Y and Z. Now defend yourself with an essay on every single mechanic and why you like it or your opinion is invalid."

Of course not written that exact way, by that's the vibe all of those messages in /v/ have.
If I say I like a game, don't try to act superior because I didn't list a bunch of buzz words, you feel?

Total number of posts: 66, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1618855869

This thread is permanently archived