danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Am i bad a person if..

| Sometimes i just don't feel like listening to my friends? Like, i love them and all but please stop talking to me. I'm all about listening and being there esp when they need it but she reports every single thing to me and i get overwhelmed because i don't need to know this!!!

It drains me a lot and i feel SO bad that i think like this towards them.
I'm stuck on what to do correctly.

Did you ever have a similar exp?
If i'm a bad person due to of this,
how can i improve?

| Well did you tell them that?

| Willing to listen to friends is one good thing, but when you realise that it's sapping your energy it might be a red flag with how overly engaged you are with these interactions that you're starting to neglect yourself.
Suppose your communications are online, setting a limit (e.g. fixed time period) of engagement might be a good thing. That way, you can be able to listen to your friend while also maintaining your own needs and not needing to worry 24/7, nor affecting friendship.

| >>751070 well, no. But we're quite close and i've opened a lot of times how interactions drain me often. So.. ; u ;

| >>751071 doesn't it sound a little too formal? Now that i think about it, we're also workmates so she talks to me on and off work. I guess that's what drains me too. :(

| Unfortunately I have a somewhat similar problem. Especially when I'm going through tough times in my life I just grow distant and stop talking to almost everyone. The periods also last for a while depending on how bad the situation is. I just can't handle the pressure and being social for those times - as much as I do feel like a jerk for essentially ghosting.

| >>751080 Either they didn't get it, either they didn't care. In the first case, and if you are close, they should understand if you explain it directly. And in the second case, they'll probably tell you so if you confront them, so good riddance I'd say.
If they are indeed friends, they should be able to understand they aren't the center of the world.

| >mfw I'm an asshole for being tired

Nice people have infinite energy, apparently.

| This is really normal and happens with my homies. We either take a couple of days to ourselves, or we have a small arguement with each other and make up right after. If they ask just say you were relaxing and taking time to yourself.

| It's aight homie. While it might be a little different, I've got autism, and because of that I can get really fucking drained from social interactions despite being an extrovert.
And, I mean, it's sort of the same thing for introverts and stuff. Some people just need more time to themselves and to recover. My closest friend is an introvert, so sometimes he doesn't want to talk for a while and just chills alone. He's still the nicest person I've ever met. It's just how you work.

| >>751115 damn good riddance immediately? You all are strong. I'm bad at confrontations so i can't imagine how things will go down if i say that. Knowing her, she'll take it personally.

| >>751095 i do this a lot too. My best friends are really understanding when it comes to this so i'm super grateful that they understand. I hope you find good friends around you that would just let you be :)

| >>751277
Don't worry. You don't have to act like an asshole to confront someone. You can do it nicely and how you want to. But, being direct is important, since indirect didn't really work, you know?

| >>751130
You know, it sure looks that way most of the time.

| >>751277 If I tell someone that I can't handle talking all the time and their answer is "I don't care, you have to talk to me everyday and listen to my problems no matter what", it makes it quite clear that they are not a friend. So good riddance, because you kicked away a fake friend, better now than in at a worse time.

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1618358105

This thread is permanently archived