danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Recently coming out as a demiboy and

| I'm an AMAB, but recently came out as a demiboy. I feel both neutral and have a connection with masculinity but what is my sexuality if I like girls? is it called monosexuality?

| I'm also still comfortable with using he/him pronouns, it's just that I no longer want to be perceived wholly as a male

| The issue here is not with gender itself, but with perceived societal norms and expectations
If you're comfortable with he/him pronouns, have a connection with masculinity and don't want to be perceived wholly as male (as opposed to not wanting to be perceived as male in the slightest) might mean that you are, well, actually male
But it should also be noted that males should not be limited to "typically male" appearance and actions. Gender norms are a thing, but not end all be all

| This is premium cringe

| >>749558 it's important that labels are never super accurate for most people and inherently have a great degree of fluidity. which is to say, unless it's completely off-target, it's kinda up to you. some people might still feel comfortable with "straight" in that situation, others might go with more direct descriptors like "nblw" (if you also identify with the nonbinary label)
it's one weird fluid topic anyway, more than people would make you think, so just go with what feels right

| that being said, "monosexual" doesn't actually specify what gender you're attracted to, it just specifies that it's only one gender (in contrast to labels like bi- or pansexual). so while not inaccurate, it's also not super specific, but that's perfectly valid if it's what you feel comfortable with

| Can you try being normal?

| >>749561 not to start discourse but gender norms and societal expectations can contribute to socual dysphoria (not claiming that that's what op feels, but def speaking from personal experience) and that in itself can be enough to not identify with your assigned gender anymore. i'm sure you meant well, but gender is weird and complex so telling someone they "might actually be" a certain gender is kinda. idk, iffy. hope that doesn't sound condescending or anything>.>

| Labels don't matter that much. I'm technically a gender fluid pansexual, but that's not something people really understand and it can also intimate some people to say that.
So, I just explain how I feel and what pronouns I prefer to the people who are close to me and leave it at that.

You're essentially just a femboy who likes girls. As long as you explain that to people you're comfortable telling, then try to not worry too much about accurate labels. Just be yourself :)

| All this crap talk is pathetic. You're essentially making up words to sound special. Pure yankoid cancer

| If you feel like you have a personal need to have a label for it, it can be whatever you think is applicable.

| Labels are retarded and restricting. Basically it's for snowflakes

| Ah, and btw, I really recommend taking time to think about what you're feeling as well. You should try writing it down or having a conversation with someone about it without using any words but purely by describing it, and then think on it for a while. I've fallen into the trap of starting off with looking up and talking about my gender issues using mostly terms like that, but once I did what I described above it cleared things up and it turned out I was wrong originally.

| df is a demiboy

u dress like demi lovato or sumting wtf

| i bet your father went to buy smokes and never came back

| So the leftoïd yanks are back...

| This is just sad.

| >>749595 WHERE IS THE OTHER HALF OF THE LOVATO

| This gender things is not something I was opposed to but having more and more things to rememeber makes things alot more complicated.

I had no clue what demiboy and AMAB, monosexuality uhh

i'm not sure if the effort is worth it

| >>749690
That's why I'm not part of the "LGBT community" even though I'm, well, very fag. There's a lot of words and stuff and it gets really confusing even for me. Irl it's not like that, but in a lot of the online communities for that it gets super confusing. And for some people it's not bisexual, but they specify what, like, "sub-class" of bi they are, and that's just a lot. Same with gender. Just say your pronouns and how you feel. Don't gatekeep acceptance.

| >>749695
Crazy how over a couple years the general discourse went from "you can be whatever you want" to "you have to identify your alphabet phenotype"

| >>749700
Well, the thing is that the latter is more of a stereotype. The only people who are like that are teens who don't really have any social skills and who live exclusively on that part of the internet.

The large majority of people are like what you said, "you can be whatever you want", and that's all there is to it. But, you know, those people aren't loud because they just think "be yourself" and the others are like "you need to be this, this and this to be you". It's sad.

| >say your pronouns
boi and here i thought you were based

| Gender is a meme, you don't have to have a fat cock to be a man like myself. You can have 20% of it and just be a failed man and that's okay too.

But really though do what you need to be perceived how you want by others but one should steer away from obsessing over identity. Unless there are explorations or difficulties you are trying to overcome.

Not to be mean but remember the flip on narcissism is self obsession. Don't cut the cake into nano slices, eat the fucking cake.

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1617703287

This thread is permanently archived