danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
BIG NEWS: danger/u/ to become danger/rp/!

| In 2017, danger/cyb/ was voted the most worthless board on the website.

Main issues? Sky high rate of shitposting, and fewer people actually staying on topic than anywhere else on the website.

Can't deny it, it was true... but people still wanted to post there.

The board's always got a promise for you. Might be spam, might be fake news, but it's there, waiting among the threads.

And it kept the board going for the past four years.

It's a successful roleplaying board now, and the danger/staff/ are BIG roleplayers.

We've been keeping this on the down low for the past several months, but with the fourth anniversary of danger/cyb/'s transformation into a roleplaying center, we've decided to give y'all a preview of what we've been working on. After today, dangeru.us is officially becoming a VA-11, Hall-a flavored roleplaying board!

What does this mean for you? Stick around and find out.

First out of the way, /u/ will become the new OOC (out of character) chat room. It goes without saying that even the most committed of roleplaying boards NEED a place to "take off the mask" so to speak, and it makes sense that our general discussion board should serve that purpose, so you won't see many changes here... at first!

The majority of the updates to the website will be cosmetic in nature, although you'll be seeing a whole lot more rules upfront and center, and unfortunately, a whole lot more stickies as well. Worry not, these changes will take about a week to implement, but in the meantime Official Danger/u/ Discord has rebranded into danger/rp/ ahead of the changes, as everyone gets settled.

Second, every board will change into a roleplay theme based on what kind of board it currently is. While these are still up for consideration, we have the following plans for the boards, with special focus on the ones that are decidedly underused.

/a/ will become the official Anime roleplaying board!

Ever wanted to act out your fantasies as everyone's favorite ninja? Well now you can, provided you fill out a sign up sheet and face-claim the ninja of your choice in a timely manner (maximum one month per player!). Other popular anime series such as Attack on Titan, BYAKUGAN BATTLE BRAWLERS, and My Neighbor Totoro will also be available and danger/u/ admins will be appointed to oversea what is sure to be the website's most active board. BELIEVE IT!

danger/burg/ will be sunset to save bandwidth.

Unfortunately, bad news out of the way early, we'll be discontinuing /burg/ in order to save on server hosting costs to make way for the influx of roleplayers visiting the site. Since images are verboten here to begin with, we thought it'd make sense to make this unspoken rule site wide, as well as to cut down on factionalism and the possibility of copyright infringing DMCA takedown notices. Naturally, we do not expect this to happen as a result of any fan roleplays we may host.

danger/cyb/ will remain the same as it has for the past four years.

The roleplaying community of /cyb/ has diminished greatly over the past four years but manages to maintain a somewhat active presence both on the board and on their own discord. Many of the changes we're implementing site wide are a direct result of /cyb/'s autonomous self governorship, and as such no changes will be necessary for site maintenance.

danger/d/ will become the official erotic roleplaying center.

As you may already know, erotic roleplay is a fairly common and popular form of theme in online communities and /d/ is no stranger. In spite of this, our changes are multi-fold- in order to participate in /d/'s events, you must submit a censored form of ID along with the handwritten words "Sei is Best Girl." to a secure email which will be stickied to the top of the board when the changes go into effect. Once your age has been verified, you will have full access to the NSFW discord and be allowed to roleplay erotically on the site, granted that you follow our intensive ruleset which has strong recommendations against certain taboo kinks, to be revealed along with the rest of the changes (e.g. handholding). Get excited!

danger/lain/ will become an official lainposting and lainposting only board.

Let's all love LAIN!

danger/mu/ is now KPOP Central!

KPOP stans unite, you screamed, begged, and attempted to dox Prefetcher on their livejournal account and we listened- the functionally dead board /mu/ will be rechristened as a Korean pop music and Korean-centric board to revitalize its usage. Staff applications are currently being processed and we hope to make some selections by the end of the week!

/news/ is dead. Fuck /news/.

Is what we all wish would happen but unfortunately we begrudgingly acknowledge the need for a nazi and communist larping containment center. As such, /news/ will have next to no changes save one- sources will no longer be required for ANY kind of thread you make there. Go wild.

By popular request by some of our local transhumanists, danger/tech/ is now a near-future roleplay centric board that chiefly focuses on urban fiction.

This was a very niche thing to ask for, but after receiving a change.org petition which reached 300 unique users, we couldn't say no.

Awoo Testing Grounds to be sunset.

We tried to think of a reason to keep this board around but there's little reason to keep the designated awooposting board online when we already have an anime board.

danger/v/ is being rebranded into the ULTIMATE VIDEOGAME DEATH MATCH BOARD.

By FAR the most popular request, danger/v/ will become a place where ANYONE can roleplay as their favorite video game character. Ever wondered who would win in a fight between Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, Doom Guy, and the main character of Bad Ratz? Now you can, and MORE! The internet is no stranger to pitting popular superheroes and villains against each other and it seems only fitting that we'd parcel out some bandwidth for just this genre.

Thought the DEATH BATTLE episode(s) of Superman versus Goku was bullshit? Make your own. Integration with the VS BATTLE WIKI is also in the works and we're in talks to share our community with the greater character roleplay communities on the world wide web to mutually foster friendship and viewership as we await Sukeban's next game. More information here:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/VS_Battles_Wiki

We know change is difficult- this past year has shown us that even the strongest, tightly knit niche communities can suffer horrifically from the world beyond our computers. That's why it's important more than ever for us to foster safe, non toxic, and mostly literate escapist communities online, where any one of us can find refuge in a world of artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

But no matter what happens, always remember that danger/u/ is first and foremost based on a cyberpunk video game, one that's chiefly about finding happiness in a collapsing system as oppression increases... much like in the real world.

Thanks a lot for continuing to use danger/u/, and we hope to see you still around in the coming days. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and we'll respond as we're able!

For our newly rebranded discord community, please visit this link:

https://discord.gg/BRVzAgBh

Love,

-The color mod.

| Does this mean I need to wear pants now?

| Too bad we have to all wear pants now

| >>749250
damn it...

| Just found out pants aren't required in /d/!

| >>749252
No pants, only victory!

| This is incredible news. Well done, colormod.

| Wahaha! Watch nerds! We are better then you and always will be! Kekekekke
-the big reeee

| I don't WANNA wear my pants ;~;

| Thanks colormod for this amazing opportunity to finally unleash my 1.23 square mile sized tungsten rod in /d/.
—namefag from /cyb/

| Wahhhhhhhhh

| I, for one, am excited to see CN's schlong make an appearance in other boards.

| I mean
who asked

| Wild

| >>749239 as a american what doesn't live in america i can deal with it and posting shitposts about tabloid media in american-rp xd

| Bravo thread

| Can I please take off my pants color mod?

| >>749438 aprile fools?

| how can I shit w/o taking off my pants?

| Pls tel me this is April fools

| >>749797

Yes it was.

| >>749811 fake news, danger/rp/ is real thing
-Kasumi

| >>749836

Silence white text.

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1617522179

This thread is permanently archived