danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Walking at night

| When going for a smoke at night I've always enjoyed the calm of it. The temperature, the dark contrasted by houses and streetlights and the fact that even though there's barely any people the few you might encounter are usually pretty approachable and will at the very least greet you.

So, I decided to start taking walks around town at night since I never fall asleep early anyways, and today was the first time I did it!

| Naked?

| It was, interesting. I had my headset on but for the most part I wasn't listening to anything.
The atmosphere was really nice, and I had a brief interaction with a man who asked if I was by myself and then wished me a good night.

I ended up in the middle of an empty football field, and then I put on a really good instrumental and wrote a 3+ minute song.

After that I walked home, very content.
I definitely recommend at least trying this. It puts you in a very unique headspace.

| >>748927
No, sadly. It's still kinda cold here. But it was very enjoyable, even with clothes on.

| >>748930 naked under a coat at least?

| I understand you. I always walked around my city before sleep.

| You can walk around at night without the fear of creepy men coming up to you out of nowhere? Gee, I envy you.

| It must be nice living somewhere where you can do this without fear of being assaulted.

| You don't have to worry about night spiders? Lucky!

| >>748964 >>748972
It's not like I don't have that fear. Assaults and stuff at night do happen here, especially the further into town you walk.
But, idk. I mean, I do feel some anxiety for that when I go out, and I'm wary when I see people, especially older men, but, I hope for the best, know some stuff about how to minimise damage in those kind of situations, and I have a knife in my bag.

So it's not no fear, but the statistics aren't super high and I think I'm ready if it happens.

| >>748978
I like the night spiders!

>>748932
No! I don't even own a coat.

>>748947
Yeah! It's really pleasant.

| Taking walks at night is so calming and decompressing. Luckily I live in a really safe city so there's never anything to worry about except for the occasional moose if I go to the forest outskirts.

I usually listen to music or a podcast but during spring and early summer I prefer to go without the headset because of all the interesting sounds that comes from nature.

| >>749036
Lucky! I want to see moose! We don't really have any close enough to my town.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1617193831

This thread is permanently archived