danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I wanna right a script

| For the past few days I've had in my head this cool idea for a script about kaijus but whenever I try to write nothing comes out, I have all the ideas in my head but I just don't know how to plaster them on paper, does anyone has any advice or has anyone else tried to write a script before? If so, what was the script about it would be fun to know <( ̄︶ ̄)↗

| Not script-specific advice, but have you tried switching mediums? I used to get stuck all the time with writing bc things never seemed to translate well, so I started recording my stories via voice memo. Helps me with the need to edit while writing and while it's obviously not as polished, it can always be refined later. Not entirely sure if that would work for scripts as well, but I don't see why not. So yea - sometimes the problem is the medium. Either way, good luck g/u/rl!

| >I wanna right a script
You're gonna have to do it write...

| Making a mecha manager script. Imagine the perspective of mikasa eva but just a regular person who does it as a job.

But for your problem i would recommend making an arbitrary limit or time where you work on it every day. Write literally anything. In your case it could be something as intricate as the scales and evolutionary development of kaiju, to one of the negative habits of your characters.

Remember not everything you write will be used, but it will inform the end script.

| Here I'll start:
#!/bin/sh

| Not gonna be "righting" anything with your intelligence

| Start with the stuff you really want to write first and then fill in the other parts later

| >>748115
What do you use to transcribe your voice?

| >>748155
This is actually how Stephen King writes his books.

Look up the GRRM Stephen King talk if you're curious about it.

| >>748312
Second this. I'm very interested!

| from this title, it's probs a troll.

| >>748786
It's just a typo. Everyone makes those from time to time.

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1617113502

This thread is permanently archived