danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Do you or any of your relatives have schizophrenia?

| I've always wondered how it feels to have schizophrenia and wanted you to tell me if you had some anecdotes.

| Sometimes have to hide the big knives in the house, on meds so if they're having an episode it's only apparent if they bring it up.

Will talk about the schizo shit she sees/hears but only when they want to. Usually to ground themselves.

Used to be worse before meds. They're just regular people that got a few screws loose, need tightening in different ways.

| My best friend is schizo. He doesn't talk much about it, but sometimes when talking he'll just kinda turn his gaze and, like, look somewhere that there's nothing. He's also told me about how the hallucinations are very, very frequent at night.

It's also very noticeable during breakdowns because it worsens everything. Occasionally he also goes into full god complex mode, just ranting about how good he looks and how amazing he is. That's honestly kinda wholesome though.

| Of course I know them. They are me.

| Ny mother and I think I have it too.

| I'm not having schizophrenia, but i'm psychically sometimes on edge of psychosis.. i mean.. it's really fucked up when i experience something abnormal, i do believe this situation.. and after i realise that my brain is only dumb.

| My Gf's uncle is schizophrenic and when he has an episode he would often leave the house and sleep in the streets, maybe go and visit his daughters, also the first time I met him he confused me with a really really really old friend of his that fucked him over in the pass and threatened me of beating me up, but he left the house right after and the next time I saw him he apologized and said he got confused, my gf says that he is really a nice guy but sometimes he could be like that

| >>748101
Is he medicated? Because it sounds like those things would calm down a lot with schizo meds. If he's not on them you should recommend them to look into it.

| I never got diagnosed with it, maybe cuz i refuse going to any therapy but i see stuff although the hallucinations are pretty frequent i can tell they arent real and ignore them. Sometimes they give me a scare or two but its not that bad. (I prolly sound like an idiot sry).

| >>748125
Nah, you don't. I used to have that as well. You should get it checked though. For me it wasn't caused by any psychosis, but there is always a chance, and either way it helps. You don't want to live with that your whole life or accidentally develop a psychosis, do you?

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1616782103

This thread is permanently archived