danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Danger/u/ /trivia/

| Let's share facts about danger/u/! ^^

| Did you know that Danger/u/ are using 3 g/u/rls?

| Did you know /cyb/ wasn't always a RP board? It used to be a general /cyb/erpunk board with the occasional roleplayer and a few g/u/rls who were actually into cyberpunk media, and had similar readership to /mu/. The first organized roleplayers began around four years ago, and it will be celebrating its birthday next month.

The original android app was coded in around six months by the original developer, Anon E/Eren Black, in MIT App Maker. Lain, the current dev, coded the current app in around a day/less than a week, and without the stability issues of the first app.

danger/u/ once found someone's LED signboard that was connected online, and could display messages sent to it by the public. One of these is now a /u/ banner.

We once tried to create our logo on a certain pixel art site, but the site owner was a gigantic faggot and there weren't enough users to counter the admin's blatant favoritism.

There was a certain hacker who went out of his way to try and sink danger/u/ through the use of multiple paid VPN's and near-constant, bot-controlled spam, engaging in an intensifying arms race which lasted more than a year. The war ended when a truce was made- the hacker sold out *actual* CP users in exchange for a thread where he could post music of his own choosing. To this day, the truce still stands.

This is actually the second version of the website. The first version was a spaghetti coded nightmare but also had more hidden boards.

The identity(ies) of the colour-mod(s) remains a closely guarded state secret- even to some of the other Maids.

Many of the original g/u/rls of danger/u/ were immigrants from 4chan's /g/ board. The grand majority however were fans of VA-11, Hall-a.

Sukeban Games gave Prefetcher (the admin and creator of the website) free reign to use their assets for the continuation of the website and app- there's even legal documents attesting to this free use, for which we're eternally grateful.

The "official" VA-11, Hall-a community actually hates us.

They tolerate our existence anyway.

The "Legal doxxing" meme comes from when Anon E attempted to doxx Prefetcher in retaliation for being passed over for development in favor of Lain (see above). In a tragic display of stupidity, Anon E defended his attempt as "legal" because "Prefetcher provided [the information] to me, therefore its legal," showcasing the bredth of his knowledge on the subject.

He also tried to steal the patreon dollars for website upkeep from Pref as well as ownership, which backfired hilariously.

Before all this, Anon E had been removed from server adminship anyway, because he had personal armied the community at the time into helping him white knight an e-girl that was both older than him and he barely knew.

The first attempt was due to a suicide scare, which was mostly let go.

On the second attempt, Anon E tried to manipulate the community into doxxing a random stranger, whom he claimed was "stalking" aforementioned e-girl. Anyome who questioned his reasoning for said doxxing operation was kicked and banned from the discord.

After having his roles castrated, Anon E was allowed to remain to maintain the app, until (Legal) D(ox) Day happened.

Originally, danger/u/ had only one active mod, Mystery, who ragequit the community for his own reasons unannounced- he was the first and last "Supermaidmin" that had controls similar to Pref but just short of site ownership. During this dark period, danger/u/ was largely abandoned by staff and became just another edgelord "sekrit klub," infested by rejects from Reddit, 4chan, 8chan, and other disgusting armpits of the internet.

To deal with this, some mods were promoted from board to global and began to enforce the community more heavily, leading to the community as it is today.

The majority of maids rarely if ever namepost and prefer doing cleanup anonymously.

Every maid has the ability to colorpost.

But not every maid is a/the color mod.

It could be me! It could be you! It could EVEN BE-

| Fuck, who is messing with the cables? I want to watch the History Channel!

Anyways, thanks for the reminders of all the bullshit we went through.

Dammit, you make it sound like we are some kind of hellhole that smells like piss and soap.

Yeah, we might be a rogue's gallery of board rejects, but it's a nice place! Just ignore the ticking bomb that is /new/, or the expanding void that is /lain/, or the literal warzone that is /burg/!

| >>747333

Not just *any* piss and soap, but Shiba Inu piss and soap. And I wouldn't have it any other way. <3

| Anyways, my trivia... Well, there is my conspiracy theory about /staff/, which doesn't exist, but has rules, but you can't read them, because you aren't a janitor.

We also had the danger/u/ pass one time at April Fools. That was funny.

>The "official" VA-11, Hall-a community actually hates us.

Well fuck 'em.

...wait, why?

Who are those so called "official" members of the community?

Where is my daily dose of Hassy?!

| >>747338

There was also one time when a certain maid went through the effort of changing their handle on discord and here, and convinced or partly convinced everyone that Prefetcher had sold out to Discord and the website/community was being purchased... to be completed on April 1st. ;)

>Wait, why?

I'm not entirely sure, I think its just an elitist thing. A lot of the users in Sukeban's official discord are also from 4chan's /g/ board and, well, it probably didn't help that Anon E made a fool of himself there like, twice.

He got banned once, for reasons I'm not aware of, and then went back there *again* to try and get help to retaliate back at Prefetcher and the rest of the danger/u/ community by making up a sob story about how he had been unfairly kicked out, etc.

He was... not very smart, because not only did many of us follow him to the Sukeban discord to explain what happened, but the denizens of said discord hadn't forgotten what an autist Anon E was, and he was banned again.

| >>747341 Ok, remind me to not ask things that could probably be answered with "Anon E did it".

Anyways. They are missing it. Sukeban could come here, take some good threads, and add them to N1RV. We are literally free content, ripe for the picking!

Anyways, didn't fell for that one. Actually bothered to learn something from the Anna epilogue.

| >>747345

Ngl that would be a dream come true if Sukeban referenced the actual dangeru.us website in their next game.

Prefetcher mentioned that if Sukeban ever made another social network like danger/u/ in N1RV-Ann-a, that they (Pref) would make another website to mimic it, just like this one. Then we'd have two, lol.

| ...wait, there's an 'official' community?
Thanks for the info, it was all very informative!

| Remember the sub with racial dynamics?

| >>747394 yeah what is the "official community?

| >>747394 >>747425

VA-11, Hall-a has its own discord run by the developers, Sukeban. The only invite link available is on the VA-11, Hall-a reddit.

| The reddit even links to us, lol.

| The "official" community hah, fuck em. Keep hatin'

| Wow so much cool trivia

| Did you know that >>b06da6 was really fascinated by /trivia/ section of danger/u/?

| >>747486 oh wow *v*

| danger/u/ has, at various points, had a functioning gopher equivalent (including creating threads through a hack using double search fields)

| I loved the lecture. I dunno what to ask... Who started "I love sex." ?

| I'm really glad this thread exists.

| >>748173

The sex meme has multiple users, but they've remained anonymous thus far. ^^

| Thank you for answering. Are you aware when it started? I remember it since 2019 at least

| How far back do the archives go? We can just check all the threads from /search/.

| >https://dangeru.us/lain/thread/1
first thread?

| >>748182

Iirc Prefetcher started the board in 2016 with a small group of friends who also enjoyed VA-11, Hall-a. That was under the original website with earlier code. They've backed up all the posts from that first site into a collected .rar, and gave /cyb/ a copy of the old /cyb/ posts for their records.

>>748198

They should go back to maybe a year or two? I forget when the big rewrite was, lol.

| >>748182

Unless you mean the sex meme. No idea.

Total number of posts: 27, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1616855919

This thread is permanently archived