danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Novel

| I was planning to write a novel, this is my first time writing one and I'd like to ask you how to start. My mind is always empty when I want to start, that makes me angry cuz I'm so excited about this. Any tips? \(≧▽≦)/

| Just start writing. Think of some cool scenes you want to be in the story and either start somewhere and go towards it, or you can start writing that cool scene right now and write the build-up later.

Some people work best making an detailed outline first, while some are better at just making things up as they go along. You'll figure out yourself which kind you are eventually.

| Don't worry much about editing while you work on the first draft. I tend to bog myself down by editing while drafting and then I burn out and scrap everything.

| Hmm. Well, while I've never written a novel before I write some music, and, what works for me is just, like, as soon as I have an idea I immediately open my phone and start writing. Then I just see where it takes me. Then, if I wanna add more at a later time I just do it.
So, I guess just write something, even if it's not the beginning, you know? You don't have to start by writing page 1, then 2, then 3. Just write what comes to mind then piece it together in the end.

| Personally, I hand write everything before typing it. I do this because I tend to type too fast, faster than my brain has time to think of the next sentence. Hand writing slows more thinking time. It also is easier to edit and brainstorm ideas on the paper. Plus, it forces you to think about every word again when you transfer it to your computer. I always add more depth to my stories when I go to type them for the first time.

| As a writer: don't think. Don't plan. Just improvise.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1616433805

This thread is permanently archived