danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Ummm...

| one big symptom of CoVid is losing taste and smell. From SWIM I haven't heard of it being a temporary thing. At the very least over a month has passed for people I know.

I've also heard one of the (early) testing methods felt like "tickling your brain" with the sample being collected from the nasal cavity. They would point to the area below the frontal lobe.

That IS where your smell and taste centers of the brain are. Accidents do happen by routine hunan error.

Correlation?

| Last time I checked, my nasal cavity wasn't directly connected to my brain. Also you usually lose taste/smell *before* you go in for testing, or even if you don't do the test at all.

| The famous example of correlation not equalling causation is shark attack deaths and ice cream sales. Shark attacks don't cause ice cream sales and ice cream fales don't cause shark attacks. They are both more common though in hot weather/when people are at the beach, which is the element that causes the two.

Having COVID causes people to get tested. It also causes you to lose your smell. So, yeah, there is a correlation.

| It was just a weirs thought

Total number of posts: 4, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1612049991

This thread is permanently archived