danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Do 'normies' exist

| Or do they only exist in the heads of uppity shitposters who think themselves unique?
Been wondering for a while

| Yes, they do. I genuinely think that, compared to the majority of the people, I have a unique set of interests. I don't feel entitled because of it, it is just a matter of fact.

So, normies are people who have a "popular" set of believes. Popular doesn't necessarily mean bad, so I don't think this label is offensive or anything.

| I genuinely think everyone has their own unique set of interests. Like, someone might have an extremely pedestrian taste in pop culture, but they could be huge into, say, birdwatching.

So when applied to specific interest? Sure, the word "normie" is a bit misleading, but it works. When used in general, though? Uppity shitposter term.

| Yeah, I mean it's just a term to refer to anyone outside of a specific circle, so in the gamer community it's someone who's not that interested in games, in weeb community someone who's not that into anime so a otaku may be a normie in the gamer community and vice versa

| OP must be a normie

| people want to be special, so very special

| Yea they do and OP must be trying to recover from being called one with how agressive they are suggesting they're made up. See ya normie

| G/u/rls, there could be normies in this very thread!

| Everyone's a normie, g/u/rls

| >>728974
This, and also this:
>>729167

I sometimes use the word jokingly, but everyone has something. No people are completely and fully shallow with nothing unique about them.

Using the term "normie" unironically just shows that they're not social people, because if you actually talk to tons of people, especially people outside of your interest groups, you will experience that everyone has things about them, hobbies, interests, personalities and mannerisms that are unique.

| Ok normie

| Normie is just the modern word for poser, since usually what happens when a niche hobby becomes popular the companies pander to the majority and leave their original fanbase to rot, the normies take over but since they are posers they dont actually care for the hobby, its just the new popular thing and so the companies produce lesser quality shit for more and after the fad is gone the hobby is dead, the original fanbase moved and so did he normies

| Wait.. >>729165 are you trying to say that on danger/u/ are normies?!

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1610258932

This thread is permanently archived