danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What is your job and how have you been the past months?

| I'm just checking up you gurls' livelihood situations. How are you holding up?

| Small reelance cartoonist with art mediocre art skills, very unstable income and soon to be a biology college student

| Thank heavens my parents back me up

| Working at pharmacy, systems and stock. It's not a bad job (don't need to deal with clients) but I want to kill myself half of the time as it's far from something Id known/love to do

| I manage a marina full of rich people's yachts. I hate it, but it has pay & benefits that I need to survive.

| A fledgling web dev, focusing mainly in PHP backend. I'm also the OP of that thread about breaking down due to work issues, so... yeah. Before that rather unfortunate day I've been doing fine, and the situation has more or less stabilized since.

| Unemployed. Living with parents. I try to do as much house work as possible as to feel less guilty.

| was employed, not anymore. living with parent. useless and depressed. no notion of a future

| Working from home. Smokes pot several times a week. Only person I see is ex gf. Could be a lot worse.

| I'm a high school student graduating next year. but exams are affected by could

| *covid

| >>728540 hey thats thats a terrible job to have, stop working, we need to bring down covid as a work, if people keep workinh on it the whole world will be sick!!!!!!!!!!!!

| getting paid $7.50 an hour in a family business. thinking of getting a better jobs but covid is so fucked right now

| Im in university and it's shitty with covid. Being stuck in ur room all day is normally good but gets shitty if u have to do it for a year

| >>728558 I'm in the same situation. It's also hard to focus on my online classes.

| I work as a public library assistant. Library work was always somewhat dirty and physically taxing, but the past year has changed so much about how everything operates and made it a lot worse.

| Currently unemployed and waiting on replies from about 40 job apps. Live with my mom. Last living immediate family member. Can't leave her alone ya know? Also looking for work as a veteran with disabilities is rough. Broke up with my gf of 2 years 7 months ago and I just now finally am starting to feel like myself again. Was a toxic relationship. There are ups and downs, but I'm trying to make the best of it.

Hope you other jobless g/u/rls know you're not worthless.

| came in here hoping to find fellow /u/n employed, satisfied.
sadly i can't find a job due to being a full-time student.
>>728683 been there (with a gf), life moves on and you learn to move with it. hope u find success in your job hunt

| Graphic designer then unemployed for 8 months now English teacher. Just trying to survive.

| I don't have a job right now, but I'm working on some music and when the lockdown here opens up a bit I'll be doing some social work for free, and then I'll be doing the same but paid a little later on.

And, I've been up and down, but things are slowly getting better.

| >>728549 I'm sorry if I seemed insensitive. I'm not ignorant to the serious financial implication of covid. My father is the breadwinner of my home of 5 and was unemployed recently, perhaps I cannot fully understand your emotions but I know it is a hard time for everyone. Just like everyone else, I am followimg lock down procedure. Ive tried to do my part. I don't understand what I did to derserve your disdain. I hope that I interpreted you correctly.Have a nice day.

| >>728549 I'm sorry if I seemed insensitive. I'm not ignorant to the serious financial implication of covid. My father is the breadwinner of my home of 5 and was unemployed recently, perhaps I cannot fully understand your emotions but I know it is a hard time for everyone. Just like everyone else, I am followimg lock down procedure. Ive tried to do my part. I don't understand what I did to derserve your disdain. I hope that I interpreted you correctly.Have a nice day.

| Outsourced office stuff. Wage is... Ok. But not enough. No overtime pay either

| >>728786 uhhh it was a joke, you said just "covid" in one comment And I pretended that your job was covid.

Sorry if I offended you in some way

| I work for a healthcare corporation (hospitals, not insurance) and have transitioned to work from home as of last March. Its been good I guess. We got our first bonus in the years since I started working here that wasn't just an amazon gift card.

Its work I can do confidently and my coworkers are nice/tolerable, as is my current boss. I'm hoping things will stay relaxed for years to come, or at least until I move on.

| >>728817 Being confident at your work is SO GOOD, I miss the days when people didn't scream at me every 5 seconds because I didn't do perfectly a thing I'm not even trained for

| Currently a college student, no part time job or love life. "Allowance" don't exist in my family unlike others' but hey, least I get to eat 3 times a day in this house. So far I'm living my life to the fullest despite covid ruining a lot of stuff

| >>728828

>headpat

| >>728834 Thanks

| Office work at a government agency. Everyone and their mother tells me I should be grateful I have work, but I hated every minute of it. Lately it's become a lot easier with a newbie doing half my work and me not needing to work overtime daily. I got in a fight with a deputy section chief and she's doing all she can to make me more miserable. I hate how fucking unfair it is.

| Also working in hospitals. As an engineer for medical equipment though. (The big stuff, MRI, CT, conventional xray - you name it) But only part time, still two semesters to finish university. Working in the holiday, online classes during the semester. Payment is quite good and I get paid over the full year as a part timer, working full time only like... 10 weeks a year or something? Can't complain really.

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1610142011

This thread is permanently archived