danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I'm worried

| Often i tend to see things or figures move either at the corner of my eye or too quickly for me to recognize what it is. Sometimes I feel like i'm being watched. Estimated around 3am-5am in the morning where it becomes unbearable that i have to turn all the lights on. I never experienced this before, only recently. Am i going insane?
Is this normal?

| Nah, they are not that bad after you talk to them

| We fear the unknown. But if you think about it, they had enough opportunities to harm you, yet here you are alive and well. You'll be fine.

| But I think I lost myself years ago, so it might not be a good idea to listen to my advice.

| I used to struggle with severe paranoia back when anxiety was still a huge problem of mine. Staying home alone became almost unbearable at some point, I couldn't feel comfortable at all because I was sure I was being watched. Sometimes I could hear the footsteps, see the shadows of imaginary intruders. I would turn all the lights on then, double lock all the doors, keep a knife with me, yet it wasn never enough - what if someone was already inside?

| What if they attack me with the knife I carry by my side? What if I won't be able to leave my house quick enough because of all those locks? I knew, in my head, that all of this wasn't real, but my mind didn't really care. Thankfully, meds did their trick and I do not have to suffer through the stuff you've described anymore. I highly encourage you to seek professional help, g/u/rl. It is worth it

| >>726826 >>726829

i am not exactly afraid, but im incredibly curious as to why this occurs. I don't think i have schizo, but rather, i do feel that i'm not alone. Pretty nice to know that i'm not the only one but i want to figure out what exactly triggers it.

| >>726829

Please, this. That is a mental issue, dangerous or not, and it should be checked by a doctor.

| I feel you. I always see weird shit when it's late at night or early morning, usually at 2 am - 5 am. I see floating people, a man just waking in the room and dead dogs, but it's all just blurry siloettes. I just get to my room, luck my door, turn off the lights and get under my blanket. If possible, I will call my girlfriend or a good friend and ask them for comfort. A better solution was sleeping early instead of staying up. Get some sleep g/u/rl.

| >>726887 i work at night so it can't be helped. even though i'm fully rested, i still see things like that. I think a trigger of mine could be if i'm not mentally okay. i remember having issues like this back in high school when i was at peak suicidal

| Take your meds schizo

| well, maybe you're shadow-kissed. don't listen to the retards

| The spirits wish dearly to commune. It is not an abnormal experience, but a lucky one! Will you indulge them, and reap the grim rewards?

| First off: No. You're not going insane. That's an understandable assumption, but it's wrong and thinking like that will just freak you out more.

I recommend telling a therapist about this if you have one or could easily get one, but it's very unlikely that this is something severe, though sometimes you might need help with handling it.

I've experienced this before. Well, a I had a few more symptoms along with it, but long story short, it's caused by stress.

| I'll give some advice from what I learned on my own and from my therapist:

Acknowledging "them" doesn't help, and will not make things better, and even more importantly, being scared of "them" will only cause you to see "them" more. That's because they're caused by stress so when you worry about seeing them you'll do so even more frequently.

They can't hurt you. They're a little scary when you're new to this, but they're simply visual disturbances. Not real, not physical.

| I saw you mention working night shift, so even though being awake at those hours is not recommended while you're dealing with this, it can't really be helped.

Also:
You're not schizophrenic or any other type of psychotic. People often jump to conclusions like that because visual disturbances/hallucinations are commonly associated with psychosis in the "mainstream", but it isn't really the case. The hallucinations people with psychosis have are different, and usually worse.

| I'll do one last one for now.
Not to talk shit, but try to not do what >>726887 does. What they do is not bad, and it's a natural thing to do. They even call close ones for comfort, which is a good thing.

But all of those things they mentioned are ways of acknowledging them and letting them get the better of you. I've done similar stuff myself and, well, it never made things better. Only way to fix it is through successfully changing your mindset around them and their "existence".

| >>726821
It's normal.
Go to bed, keep a regular sleep schedule, and pray.

| >>726925 thank u g/u/rl. this is hella informative and it makes total sense. When i'm mentally okay, i never experience any of these things so it's great. I just wish i can shake the feeling of paranoia when this happens. I know that they don't exist but my body says so otherwise

Total number of posts: 19, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1609434187

This thread is permanently archived