danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Thoughts on being dead

| So. I wasn't really bothered by the thought of eventually dying, if anything - it comforted me. I'm not suicidal or some shit like that, I don't want and have never really wanted to die, but the idea of actually passing away has never seemed like something particulary bad to me. Well, up untill this very moment.

I can't say what made me think about the matter, I don't get it myself. It's just..

| This thought has suddenly appeared inside my head all of a sudden. 'What does it actually feel like being dead?' And then the answer came: 'Like falling into a dreamless sleep'. Without 'waking up and realizing that you've actually been asleep' part. You know that you've been asleep for a while after you wake up, right? But you can't really remember experiencing anything at all, unless you've had a dream. And holy shit this thought frightens me.

| You can't really feel anything while you're sleeping, right? You can only know that you've been asleep by waking up. And what a surprise! You won't just wake up from being fucking dead! So how does it feel like to not have a conciousness anymore? The world around me will continue to exist after I die, but what about me? I can think, I can feel, I can hear and talk now, but what happens when it all goes away? What is this 'nothing'? What is this dreamless sleep?

| Shit I'm saying probably doesn't make any sense, right? I just can't think of any better words to describe what I feel and what I'm scared of. But damn. I don't wanna die. I really don't wanna fucking die. Yet I don't really wanna live either. Such a sick joke, eh?

| >So how does it feel like to not have a conciousness anymore?
It don't.

| >>700974
That's the thing! Exactly as taking a quick little nap without any dreams - it's just nothing. And it is this little fact that my mind can't even process the thought of nothingness, of not existing, that scares the shit out of me

| why would you be scared of something that you won't be concerned by

| The concept of death appeals to me. Just imagine - you're stuck in a void, and you can't think or observe anything, because there is no thought processes going on. You can't get stressed, anxious, scared or bored. You can't regret dying, or feel uneasy of what's up ahead, if anything. Sounds like a good deal to me.

| It's sleep where I can't wake up and have no dreams. As long as my death isn't painful, I think I'd accept it. The only thing that really gets to me about death is how it'll affect others.

| Death sounds fine, but the transition from life to death is scary.

As a wise man says (paraphrased) >You don't die in the "future", the dying you will always be the "present" you, and you will never be ready.

| >>701005
>you're stuck in a void
No, you aren't. There won't be any you to be stuck.

| >>701073
aka the void

| Seriously, remember how it was before you were born? No? That's how death will be like.

Dying on the other hand...

| >>700968
That's what we get for eating bad apple

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1601331158

This thread is permanently archived