danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I need fun things to do with long distance friends!

| Me and a friend really want to do something together, but we live in different countries. We're trying to come up with something that isn't just talking or playing video games, but neither of us can come up with anything.
G/u/rls! Help!

| Talking or playing video games is pretty much all I do with my long distance friends, along with watching movies/anime and occasional D&D (or other tabletop games).

Another decent idea is to work on a project together, if you have any mutual hobbies that can be done digitally, like programming, or drawing, or music, etc.

| >>700785
Hmm. Yeah. I know all those things. Maybe there isn't anything else that's possible? I feel like there has to be though.

| The AI Dungeon multiplayer is pretty fun to do with distant friends.

Can you articulate why just talking or playing games feels insufficient?

| >>700799
Hmm. I'll look into it, thanks :)

Well, it's just fun to do things together! It's gonna be at a bare minimum half a year until we see eachother, and it would be fun to be able to do things before that. I love talking to him, don't get me wrong, but, it would just be extra fun.
For games, well, he doesn't have a computer and I don't think he owns any consoles either. So the catalogue of games we could play isn't big.

| We used to do a lot of silly shit via skype with my friend who lives abroad, like cooking, trying out yoga to calm up the nerves after a particular stressful session in some horror game, whatever came to our mind really. Anything is fun if you two are enjoying the company of each other.

Oh, and this friend of mine wasn't that much into playing games himself despite having a pc, but he liked watching me playing them, so we used to play a lot like that. It was a lot of fun

| Oh, and movies, of course! This friend of mine is a huge horror movies fan but too much of a pussy to watch 'em on his own, while I'm a huge horror games fan but too much of a pussy to play them on my own. Soo, we used to help each other out. Such a nice symbiosis, huh?

| Ah. I miss those days

| play nomic

| meditational visualisation sessions

lay down get comfy and create a story/dream. the goal is to get to such an advanced level of visualisation that it puts you in a lucid dream. you're supposed to visualise entities, objects, places etc. in the most realistic way possible.

"ok, so this is the plazza's layout... there are these, these and these persons here... look at this red cobblestone ground! oh, come take a look at this guy's hands! can you see the dermal ridges?" in better

| >>700824
Bro, that's some psychic shit. It sounds really hard to do. Especially since he has ADHD and I have hypersensitivity, which also causes concentration issues. It sounds nice though.

>>38203b
Aw. That sounds really nice. I don't think those same things would really work for us, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I guess we should just try things until something sticks.

| I love sex.

| >>701019
He's not that kinda friend silly!

| Sounds like you have good friends, op.

And I know you said you've played video gamss, but have you played Among Us? Playing it with voice chat with your pals is a whole different experience.

If you like tabletop roleplaying, you can browse through the physical game category in itch.io and just try them out. Lots of small short-session games there you can play together even without a physical table.

| >>701039
I haven't played Among Us yet, but me and the friend I'm talking about don't really have any friends in common. Like, he hasn't met any of my friends yet and I haven't met any of his, so I'm not sure it would be that fun. There's also the fact that both of us only have access to the mobile version, so, idk.

For TTRPGs I'm not sure actually. I love D&D and RPGs in general, but it's a pretty exhausting thing for me to play despite that. I also don't know if he likes them.

| Phone sex

| >>701042
If it's any help, I played an Among Us game that's a mix between friends I'm close too and their friends whom I wasn't familiar with and it was still extremely fun. Everyone's on mobile too, and it works.

| Play cards against humanity

| >>701050
Hmm. Maybe, maybe. I can ask later. But again, games are not what I'm looking for.

^^^
>>701057

| D&D, synced movie watching or drugs are me and my friends gotos

Maybe start a project of some kind? One of you write, one of you code and one of you draw.

| >>701143
D&D I've answered on, synced movie night could be a maybe but kinda meh, and considering he's a recovering addicted and I'm mostly clean I'm not doing the third one.

I've attempted some stuff like that before. Only problem is motivation, which is really hard for me. Too much depression and bullshit. I want to get it done one day though.

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1601337427

This thread is permanently archived