danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Tell me about something you like but don't get to talk about very often

| :D

| Armor. Not even weapons, just armor. Armors of all kinds, from all cultures, during all time periods. Though medieval/middle-age armors are where it's most fun. You can't imagine my absolute disappointment when I saw the Vikings in For Honor. This is ironic considering I was never much partial to the tank role in games.

| >>700079 laughs in spartans but srsly armors are cool

| That would be quite a lot of things actually! I don't get to talk to people very often, especially about all the things I'm interested in. And when I actually do, I just cannot shut the fuck up and talk a blue streak for several hours straight until my poor victim's head just cannot take any more information and I'm being forced to stop. Some people find it cute and interesting to listen to, some are frightened at the very idea of letting me talk about things I like, so.. yeah.

| Anything, really. I've always been the one who listens to my friends so i don't get to talk about myself much. :)

| Im the type of person that likes to talk about almost anything that can be expanded into an existencial talk and the complexity of well... EVERYTHING

| The novels I read. I don't have a lot of friends who are into classics, nor are interested in listening to ramblings about novels.

I would've loved to talk about how deep and philosophical Crime and Punishment is, how beautifully written The Scarlet Letter is, and how emotionally powerful The Phantom of the Opera is--the only problem is that I have no one to talk to about these. :^(

| Sailing.
It's a niche interest and the people around here that are interested are either retired businessmen or trust-fund kids.

| >>700130
Huh, I'd be way interested to hear about the scarlet letter. I had to read for school and my teacher did a pretty poor job of getting me interested. It seemed like a cool story, but he kinda made me hate it...

| Same as >>85aefa, I prefer listening to someone talk about what they like.

But if I had to talk about something... it'd probably be Dark Souls lore, which is fascinating to me, from the world to every single character in it.

>>700079 Ngl, that's unusual, and don't know why, but I'm sure I could spend hours listening about armors and not get bored.

| >>700156
Well, admittedly, when I was reading The Scarlet Letter I was going through a rough time in my life, so it took me more than a month to finish it (there were days when I didn't get to read even a single page). Even so, I enjoyed it; Hawthorne's writing style is amazing. I guess I'll give it another shot one of these days, and hopefully life doesn't screw me over so I get to read it at a continuous pace!

| >>700188
I feel that. I have some books that I absolutely love and some I look extremely forward to reading, but because I've been going through so much rough shit the last 2 years I'm only in a headspace where I can read, like, maybe one or two days every few months. I have to just read whole books in one or two days or I'm gonna go months without finishing it.

| >>700188
I'll have to give it another shot someday. that teach made me hate everything we read, and now that I'm not a punk kid i would probably get way more out if it.

>>700207
I feel that... I used to read so many books, but now if i loose focuse in the middle.its just so hard to get back to it. Its starting to be the same way for comics too, which used to be fine. I either finish it in one/two days, or never.

| Something I really like and don't get to talk about much is probably gemstones and minerals and geology in general. I'm not hyperknowlegable about it, so i guess i dont really feel like i have anything of value to say, but i do think rocks, and where they form and why, and what they look like is super interesting.

Also Transformers, but my friends do indulge me on that one.

| >>700276 Tbh, I never really gave much thought on how gems or rocks form. I like to categorize them though, but not enough to actually identify them.

| i played a game recently called raging loop and it quickly became my favorite game I've ever played. I could go on about how much I love it for hours but I can't do that without spoiling it and I don't know anyone who's played it so I just don't end up talking about it.

| >>700287
Ahh, it's just super neat, it's like similar chemical ingredients form under diffrent conditions into different things, but then can also be reformed and/or shaped by other things. And then humans come along and do all sorts of things with them and give them all this symbolic meaning. I just think its super cool and it makes me happy just to think about it.

| So in godzilla there's this Kaiju called hedorah, generally he's a pretty low tier Kaiju when compared to some other kaijus form the Showa era like king gidorah or mechagodzilla. Some times I think about how worng the anatomy of hedorah is, like I feel like he should be more like some kind of gliding frog rather then how he turned out in his fourth form at the end of the movie. Like if he needs water to live why wouldn't he just go either full aquatic or just become an amphibian.

| And if he needs to eat pollution to live he should just prioritize getting as far out of the water as he can and then going straight back to the water as fast as he can, because once he dries out he will die. So why would he become bipedal which would make it harder for him to get to the pollution that would be further in land for him to get. If he became more like a flying amphibian that could glide he could come out of the water and then jump and then fly to the source of food.

| His evolutions really don't make any sense. First he is a tadpole which is fine, then he's a bigger tadpole, after that he becomes a amphibian sort of like a lizard, which would make sense because his food source has moved to the land. But then he has a flying form and like just why, like what would make he get this adaptation, and the body type just like completely changes and he lose like a lot of his size when he changes. By the end of the movie he becomes a biped like Godzilla.

| While the biped is pretty cool, it really wouldn't help he get to any of the pollution that would inland because he would have to walk all the way there. I know that in the movie he can transform between forms but you think that since he evolves from form to form that with each form he would become more and more efficient as a creature, because that is how evolution works but that doesn't happen in the movie. Godzilla vs. Hedorah is still a fun movie though.

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1601097110

This thread is permanently archived