danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Present your...

| first job experience/s! We're you feeling ready right off the get go or did u still have to break certain "barriers"?

Personally, I've never worked in my life due to putting emphasis on studying well. Of course anyone could recommend saving up by working part time or atleast get a fragment of experience but I really don't feel ready yet..

| I got a part time job as soon as I turned 16, I was excited and I put my best awkward foot forward, but after working a few days most of my co workers told me how shit it was and the excitement died down and i learned to hate it.

| Service technician for medical devices (CT, MRI) here! Lots of different locations and hospitals, lots of people you get to know and... veeeery flexible working times. Meaning if things go south I may have to take a hotel for two days and work like 12h a day to get the machine up and running again. Pays well though. One thing I really dislike though is the arrogance of some doctors I get to meet. Fucking cocky bastards treating their employees like shit.

| Was super awkward at first, but gets better with time since I am now communicating more with a lot of people and making a phone call isn't scary anymore.

| Had a tough start because I didn't put any effort into it and therefore had several shitty jobs because no one was satified with me. Looking back I have to admit that the jobs were alright, it was just me who fucked it up.
Now I take i seriously and it works just fine. Even though I came to the realisation that my current area of expertise is not to my liking.

| I was a dish washer at a local restaurant. Had to wash everything by hand at a dish pit. I guess since I had never had a job before I never realized how absolute shit it was and how much it was draining me. I had gotten hands so dry that if I did not use some seriously large amounts of hand moisturizer they would be cracking and bleeding by the next shift. Overall was just miserable since it was fucking my sleep up and the pay was shit.

| I scanned old books and put all the info in a database. It was a register about everyone who lived in my area throughout the entire 1800s.

| I sold newspapers, but if you want more of a proper first job it was working in a book store. It was mostly just carrying stuff too and from the storages and placing things around the store since I didn't know how to work the register and the two people running the store had physical health issues.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1600895723

This thread is permanently archived