danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Today could be life changing for me

| I have a lot of issues. Multiple mental conditions and a lot of mental illness, barely any relationship with my family etc.

All of that has made it extremely difficult for me in the school system, but today that might change.

My country has laws that say that schools have to set up new solutions and ways for each individual student to make sure they can learn and get a proper education in a way that works for that individual, but schools always ignore that fact and fuck you over.

| Today, in a little over 8 hours, I'm going to have a meeting with my school. I'm going to have professionals there to back me up and I've read up on my rights and the laws for schools. This time I'm not going to back down.

I've already had to drop out of one school that refused to do anything for me. This time I'll do my very best to not let that happen again.

| What do you want from the school though? Organise a homeschooling of some sorts? It's not like an ordinary public school can do much in order to help any struggling individual with mental health issues, the educational system itself doesn't have much flexibility to accomplish that.

I'm not accusing you or anything like that, just curious what solution is on your mind.
Hope everything'll turn up great for you! I could have avoided so much trouble if only I'd get homeschooled, huh

| >>697587
The school system should allow for having me placed in a job relating to what I go to school for (so a programming job). It should also allow for me to get a certificate for having gotten proper education for working there long enough.

So I'll push hard for that.

| fight

| >>697668
I did. It went, relatively well. I'll have to have one more meeting before it's completely decided what happens.

But I managed to get a thing where they'll let me do only the important shit (programming, setting up servers and shit and media design) and let me drop every other class, on the condition that I take and pass the exams for the classes I drop at the end of the school year. You get passing grades here basically just from answering, so, yeah.

| So there's a decent chance I won't be put straight into work immediately, but after cutting a lot of classes my days should be a fair bit more manageable, and I might also be able to change the way the teachers teach certain things in the subjects I still have in another upcoming meeting.

So, so far it's shaping up to be a decent success.

| Congrats, op!

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1600355210

This thread is permanently archived