danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
E-books or paper books?

| I'm not asking which ones are better, don't get me wrong! What I am asking is which ones do you prefer more?

I personally prefer paper books 'cause it's hard for me to focus on reading text for too long if it's on the screen, plus there's this special feeling that you get flipping the pages of the book you're holding, sensing the way they smell and feel under your fingers, that you just cannot get from reading e-books. They're quite handy though, I cannot deny that!

| E-books for actually reading something, paper books for relaxation. But if we are talking about research - then paper again. It's way easier to navigate an actual object.

| Love the feel of paper books and the smell. Leaning into it more but i wont judge ppl who prefers Ebooks. It's much more sustainable and convenient so i see why theyd prefer that

| paper books in general, ebooks for portability

| I prefer ebooks because for me it's easier to carry and read.

| I prefer paper. I actually wish I could get into e-books and audiobooks as I would definotely read way more and have way less to carry around, but the act of holding and reading a book and turning pages is ingrained in me. Plus screens can make my eyes strain and I tend to daydream if I'm not actively reading or watching something.

Plus obv I love the feel amd smell of old books lol

| video games

| paper books are UNBEATABLE, but they're also expensive and difficult to get, especially compared to ebooks from libgen. so, I usually end up reading more ebooks, but I prefer paper.
for manga, though, I prefer to read online.

| what are some good e-readers? i heard the kindle reports like obscene amounts of data

| i would like to go to e-books, but sadly they are black-white and i can't enjoy manga on them

| I like this quiet takeover of /u/ into /lit/!

I like paper books generally but as my book collection grows faster than my bookcase can handle, I've gotten to use ebooks more. I can also just buy (or *cough* download) what I want instead of relying on local bookstores' lacking taste or dealing with import shenanigans. Ebooks are generally cheaper too.

Also back before coronachan I used to take the commute train every day. Ebooks are a lifesaver.

| I have an old model Kindle I got for about 20 usd and it's one of the best purchase I did. It works differently from phone screens, so no eyestrain. And I'm pretty sure it's too low-spec to send analytics to Amazon.

| >>694799 same here. I keep it in airplane mode and it works great. It's what i usually use for books since I'm usually not comfortable spending space and money on a book unless i already know it's good and want to have it

| Paper books are damn expensive, especially highly specialized technical literature. So e-books and piracy ftw.

| Mostly pirated ebooks. I buy paper books only if there's no readable pirated copy avaliable, or if I liked a book so much I want to have it in paper on the shelf.

| >>694896
Any reason why you're willing to screw over authors like this?

| I usually buy technical literature in paper/hardback and fiction in ebook formats.

| >>694898
To piss you off, why?

| Some books I prefer physical. If it's a LN or manga I prefer physical, partially because it's like a collection thing for me. For most other books I do Kindle, because, well, cheap and easy.

| Paper books, always.
My eyes can't handle e-books.

| >>694738 old books get yellow and the book bugs get into it. I normally throw books away when they are too old.

| get a kobo and use library genesis
paper is nice and all but it's expensive and the only thing you get is muh feel and smellsmell. imo it's better to focus on the contents of the book, and maybe buy a physical copy if you really like it.

| PAPER!

| I prefer paper.

E books were fun but the increasing dmca issues and the possibility of losing all of it at the whim of some asshole (see- Microsoft Books) is no bueno.

| Depends on the availability of the book I want, for example I read Light Novels sometimes and you can be sure I can't find paperback for a bunch of them.

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1599484729

This thread is permanently archived