danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Post some of your top 10 books

| You don't have to post your absolute favorite. Just post something you you have enjoy the you'd like to talk about.

Personally I really like Thomas Pynchon, everything Philip K. Dick and Game of Thrones.

Currently reading House of Leaves

| you enjoy and like to talk about*

Autocorrect on my phone messed up a bit there.

| For Whom The Bell Tolls
Blindsight
The Fated City by Strugatsky brothers
The Hotel by Arthur Hailey
All quiet on the Western Front

| Solaris

| Snowcrash and The Diamond age by Neil Stephenson

| 100 years of solitude was good too

| Ender's Game

| I'm in love with almost everything that Haruki Murakami writes, but my absolute favourite is 'What I Talk About When I Talk About Running'. Also really enjoy some of the short stories from 'A Perfect Day for Kangaroo'

| 'American Psycho' by Bret Easton Ellis is great, but it may be EXTREMELY hard to read it. Love the idea though. Movie adaptation sucks

Also absolutely love 'Dune' by Frank Herbert, 'Under Fire' by Henri Barbusse, Stephen King's 'Long walk' and Lermontov's 'Hero of our time'. Oh! Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber is great as well

| One of the books I adore greatly is a novel by russian author Dmitry Glukhovsky 'Futu.re' (Don't know what's the deal with this '.re' part, there's nothing like that in the original name, just a normal word. Looks silly imo, but, well 。•́︿•̀。) I don't really like the ending, but the general idea and the style of Glukhovsky's writing does wonders for me

| That's all I can think of for now, I guess. There're actually quite a lot of Warhammer novels that I love with all my heart, but that's another story "^^

| The Metro series from Glukhovsky is amazing too. Lolita from Vladimir Nabokov is disturbing but good. Oh, and I also really like Murakami! >>694427

| >>694431
Dear God, I hated Lolita so much during my school days! Listening to my teacher's mad rumblings about the book was sickening. Maybe that's the reason why I don't like that one that much, huh.. But, well, I despise almost everything that's considered 'russian classic literature', so I don't know if anyone should really listen to me on that one.

| The only works that've really struck something within me are 'The hero of our time' that I've already mentioned before, Griboedov's "Woe from Wit", maybe 'Evgeniy Onegin' by Pushkin, but I hate the guy and all of his works SO MUCH that it pain's me to say so. Russian classic literature is greatly overrated in general

| But I guess I'm getting a little bit too salty, I'm sorry "^^

| >>694444
Ah! 'Dead Souls' by Gogol is pretty good too (if you compare it to other russian classic literature, that is) I didn't like the plot and idea itself that much, but the style of writing is really interesting, although it must be completely lost in the process of translation, I guess

| Well, that's pretty easy honestly.

Bakemonogatari
Bakemonogatari 2
Bakemonogatari 3
Kizumonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nisemonogatari 2
Nekomonogatari Kuro
Nekomonogatari Shiro
Hammers on Bone
A Song for Quiet

I just love the Monogatari books and Cassandra Khaw's writing. Though those Cassandra Khaw books will probably be pushed off the list once I get around to reading further in Monogatari.

| The Three Musketeers (first novel my mom ever read me and the first non kid book I read myself

The Animorphs series defined my childhood (im a total Tobias btw)

For novels I love today, off the top of my head:

Misfortune by Wesley Stace
Salvation City by Sigrid Nunez
Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende
Saturday Night, Sunday Morning by Alan Sillitoe
Lisey's Story by Stephen King

| >>694451

Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart
JPod by Douglas Coupland

| Crime and Punishment and The Scarlet Letter.

| A lot of good tastes here! Let me see if I can actually put ten novels in one post.

The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi
The Stormlight Archive (series) by Brandon Sanderson
Blindsight by Peter Watts
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
The Secret History of Costaguana by Juan Gabriel Vasquez

| >>694427
Ah I used to love Murakami too! It's just that the more I read him the more it sounds like he's just pulling words out of his ass. Pleasantly written words, but still.

My fav of his is Norwegian Wood, and I have a soft spot for Kafka on the Shore. I despise Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki though.

| >>694425

Fuck yes, I love Marquez. Memories of my Melancholy Whores is a fantastic way to spend a long bus ride

| I'm so happy that post aboit a lit board just burgeoned into this :)

| 1.Mistborn trilogy

Total number of posts: 25, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1599259738

This thread is permanently archived