danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Do you ever just think of the wasted potential you have?

| You could've been better at something or you could've been a great person but instead you're mediocre

| I think about it all the time....

| I'm failure in general. I know for a fact I could have achieved much more, it's not just a guess, and these thoughts are killing me

| They told me I could be anything, so I became a disappointment

| Oh god do you know that every single time I decide to do something, I'm alwahs weighted down by the idea that maybe I'm throwing something away by doing that. "I'm going to mess around with this programming language today" but what if I should have just used the time to work on my novel? If I didn't waste time failing at learning a new language maybe I can draw well by now. If my life isn't a litany of mistakes I'd be a much better person

| nah. if you always think about the opportunity cost of your life, you'll end up in a dark place.

you deserve your own compassion :)

| >>694384
Wise, smart and experienced opinion!

| >>6943846 that's a great perspective! Maybe i should learn to be less harsh on myself
┐(‘~`;)┌

| yes

| Nah. It's a fruitless exercise.

| >>931ec1
Because you're a reactionary öos we who will die alone in agony

| >>694489 you seem to have potential at a circus

| All the time.

| >>694402 i think it's really easy to be unnecessarily down on yourself because you're attached to what other people say you should be doing, or because you've created absurd expectations for yourself.

don't fall into that trap! i find, at least, that I'm definitely my own worst critic.

| sure do. it's worse when i also think about this person who had the same opportunities and was in the same situation as i was then. we two are like the living personas of failure and victory. i was just dumb and incompetent.

anyway im not in a bad place right now and im in my own agenda im working on

| I considered myself a failure in life until 8 months ago when my hobby paid off and I landed a software engineering job

That's not the case for all hobbies, and god knows I got lucky, but until then I couldn't hold down a retail job

Don't let your feelings of failure overcome you, g/u/rls, find something you like and keep ramming your head into whatever it takes to make it work

To get lucky you have to try, and then you've got to grab that luck by the nuts and not let go

| Do you ever think of something else?

Total number of posts: 17, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1599473606

This thread is permanently archived