danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Advice needed: I'm stuck as family's glue

| My family's dynamic is tense. While we love each other, I come from a family of very explosive tempers and not to mention at times erratic behavior. I'm constantly used as the buffer or a confidant whenever people are angry at one another, and more often than screaming fits occur not only in my presence but can be heard throughout the entire house. Not to mention they tend to take their anger out on me.

I really don't know what to do. I'm sick of being in this position.

| Oh, I don't know what advice to give, just can tell my own story. I had this situation since childhood and then my parents got divorced when I was 14. I was so happy back then. I stayed with mom and my father started actually communicating with me, made me used to his new family and started strongly suggesting his views on my life and how my lifestyle should be. In the end under pressure of several family members I chose a compromised uni education and ofc I happened to not like it

| So now I basically dropped out, have no real direction in life, I think I successfully fight not very deep depression but don't do much of useful stuff overall. I'm still being pushed by several family members who want me to follow their ideas but that's okay because some of them actually started supporting me with my goals that are very blurry because I'm scared of showing what I really want but still it's at least something.

| >>ef9702
Uhh... are you op? If you aren't, no offense, but it's kind of rude to paste your life story in a thread where someone is talking about *their* life story. If they're related, it's okay, but yours literally have nothing to do with op's. Just make a new thread.

>>685275
Sounds like your family is pretty dysfunctiona. Have you talked about this to them, like, as a group? If it gets bad you should leave, find some way to get your own place.

| start ignoring their attempts to buffer through you

| >>685316 I mean I thought it is related and then lost the direction and told a totally different story. What I should've focused on is that after the divorse the whole family was shitting on each other through me by telling me how bad everyone is and stuff like that. At some point I just made it clear that I don't want to talk about all that hate anymore and they backed off kinda. I'm sorry, I totally missed the point in the original post, I'm so dumb.

Total number of posts: 6, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1596486218

This thread is permanently archived