danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
My regular reminder not to fuck with nicotine

| Just don't do it. Sure, it has benefits, but those are not worth the downsides at all. A single hit of a vape or puff of a cigarette or whatever other method of consumption can be enough to get you addicted. I also want to say that there's no such thing as a "social smoker" or whatever. You're still addicted. You just pretend you're not. So, don't do it :)

| I only occasionally (once or twice per year) go for a hookah when out with friends, still no signs of addiction. At all. Maybe I'm just really lucky or something.

| >>679134
Possibly. You might be lucky enough that your brain doesn't associate the same feeling with things like cigarettes or vape. I know that some people who smoke weed sometimes mix tobacco with it and enjoy it, but never smoke tobacco on it's own because they associate the feeling with a spicy blunt as opposed to something they can get from cigarettes or vape. Either way, I don't recommend it, because it can easily turn to addiction but I'm glad you're not addicted yet.

| >>679137
I'd say I just realize that if I smoke on the regular I probably won't live for very long. Got enough health issues as it is without causing more for myself by smoking. I've also taken a couple hits from my friends' vapes, but it didn't turn into a habit either. And I have a strong aversion to cigarettes after my grandpa died from either tuberculosis or lung cancer that was provoked/aggravated by constant smoking. We weren't too close or anything, but still.

| >>679144
That's certainly a healthy mindset to have, though a strong will to live sadly isn't enough to make you immune to addiction. I want to live and all. I don't want medical problems that could be avoided. I know people who could die at any moment because of medical conditions they have from smoking. I still smoked half a pack a day for months, not being able to control it. Addiction is one hell of a thing.

| I am drug and alcohol free luckily

| >>679167
I'm glad :)
More people should take your example.

| >>679133
OP, please don't spread disinformation. A single puff will not get anyone addicted. You have to start taking it more frequently to actually have the possibility of getting addicted. Even taking heroin a single time won't get you addicted (although the second time(recent) probably will tho).

| >>679194
It is not misinformation. I had one hit of a vape and started craving it. That's why I did it more than once, and why I'm addicted. I also have friends who have taken a hit or two of a vape and had cravings for nicotine for a long time after that, though luckily they didn't have access to any unlike me.

| >>679194 Desinformation of that kind is useful. And he's not that far off - everyone has different thresholds. Some people will get addicted after just one sigarette.
And even then - that's besides the point. It's rarely "just one" cigarette.

| >>679199
Again, I don't think it's disinformation, because I've experienced it myself. It's also very true what you said at the end there.

Yes, it's not like you're cripplingly addicted after one hit and can't live without it. But the chance that you will crave more is extremely high, and those cravings is what brings you to one more hit or one more cigarette, and, well, you know how it goes from there.

| Yes, there are different thresholds, but most people seem to think hear that and think "I'm strong willed, I have a good mindset, I wouldn't get addicted from that" or "Well, I have self control. Just smoking socially isn't a problem." and wouldn't you know it? Everyone I've ever talked to, heard about or know who had that mindset, well, they're addicted to nicotine. No exceptions.

| >>679198
Have you or your friends ever taken nicotine before vaping? Your brain would still remember it if that's the case. If it's not the case then idk tho.
>>679203
out of curiosity, how frequently do they smoke? I generally don't consider it addiction if they smoke once in a while, although others do.

(also, slightly unrelated, but what do you think of people who purposely smoke packs a day in order to get lung cancer? I know people who do that irl.)

| >>679210 That's fascinating. Why do they do that?

| >>679212
mostly due to depression and seeing that life isn't worth living so they feel like shortening it (since they can't commit su***de), although one person does it for fun or something idrk.

| >>679210
No. Never before that.

Well, it depends. Usually only at parties and shit like that, which would be between 1-4 or 5 times a month depending on the season. They all end up as smokers.

I hate it, honestly. I know some people who smoke and have the mentality of wanting to live a short life so why not feel good while shortening your life, but choosing how long you want your life to be while you're a teenager is fucking retarded, honestly.

| If you want to die, that's caused by mental issues. It's the same reason why I talk people out of suicide as often I can and why I try my best to discourage people from getting habits like mine. It's not worth it to waste your life, and people who waste it intentionally, it's, really sad.

| >>679218
huh, that's interesting. thanks for your time :)
>>679219
most of the people I know who smoke like that aren't teens (cept 4 the one who does it for fun and a few others).
Generally their depression seems to be more based on a nihilism kind of thing, and not wanting to live long, also some is trauma, but not all of them are depressed from mental issues, some are just pessimistically realistic or something along those lines.

| >>679222
>Not depressed from mental issues
Depression is a mental issue, sorry to tell you. But, yeah, I obviously didn't assume most of the people you know like that were teens, but I still thinks it's dumb. Obviously, people can do whatever they want with their life. I won't try to stop them, I'll only warn them and hope they make the right choice. Not wanting to live long is understandable, but it's something that's easy to regret, but can't be changed if you do so.

| so why is DMT banned but not nicotin

| >>679229
this thread is about nicotine and addiction, not N-DMT and/or legality.

| >>679229
I'll start a seperate thread on that tho.

| >>679232
Yes, this thread is not about legality, but, I'll entertain her a bit.

>>679229
Something being legal does not mean it's good, to put it simply. A clearer reason though, is because there would be an uproar. So many people are addicted to it that cracking down on the substance itself would get nothing but negative results.

| >>679234
You should do that. It honestly sounds interesting, but it's not the point of this thread as you said.

| >>679235
agreed

| >>797e42 >>a141d9 >>797e42
whoa, are you all like, decent people or something?

| >>679253
I would hope so.

| im gonna keep doing it bc i have no will to live

| >>679272
I hope for your sake you don't regret that later on.

| I want to start vaping, with no nicotine, just to see how it feels.

| >>679470 It's just some flavored glycerin. Possibly with nicotine, but you can experience that for much cheaper.

| >>679470
Nicotine free, sure, but don't try nicotine please. It's not worth it.

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1594705205

This thread is permanently archived