danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Live in small rural place, how to meet new people

| Raised in the big city, now living in a small town of 200 people on an island of the same population as my single city on mainland, while also living in present day :b:orona ville, how does one meet new people and how do i open myself up to people when im scared to show my real thoughts and opinions etc? Like i have coworkers who are nice people n all but i wouldnt ever want to get close to them. I dont like their normie behaviour and theyd hate me if they knew my secrets.

| Stop hating yourself and stop hating other people. Your coworkers are probably more interesting than you make them out to be.

| >>678685
Not OP, but in a kind of similar situation. I don't hate my coworkers in the slightest, and I know for sure that they are all interesting people, but our interests just do not align at all, and I can't keep faking it all the time. Wat do?

| >>678685 well i mean i do have problems with hating myself yes but i dont believe i mentioned anything like that? And with my coworkers, again theyre nice people yes, but theyre just generic copy paste personalities i see everywhere else. Consooomer normies addicted to tik tok or some other dumb shit. I dont even know where or how im supposed to find new people cause im in the middle of nowhere. I fear apps like tinder for example may just be full of the same lackluster personality

| Alrighty folks. My situation is yours in reverse. Used to live in a rural area, met quite a few people there, moved into a big town. I don't go clubbing, my co workers are copy paste personalities (neat phrase btw!) and it's a frigging anonymous mess. I think that's the issue here, gurls. Not just for me, but for you too.

| So I live in a semi-medium populated town, but with very little places or things to do other than hiking. Also same issue with copy/paste personalities and NPC's. Not really expecting any solution answers, but some advice on how to meet people with similar interests to mine would even work.

I don't like clubbing or partying, yet there are almost no other activies that I know of here.

| >copy-paste personalities
>NPC
I can't fucking believe you people. There is no such thing. Everyone has their own lives and interests, some are just less obvious than others.

Barring social anxiety issues, you should get to know people before judging them not worthy of your attention. See if you have things in common. Throw conversation points and see what sticks. If nothing sticks, that's FINE. At least you have someone to say hello to every morning and who knows what else.

| >>678915
I kinda guessed from your post. Too scared to show your real self? Think people will hate you if they know your "secret"? Throw those thoughts into the fucking ocean. If you keep hating yourself you're going to hate other people. You can't make friends if you keep hating.

| >>679036 ehhh its moreso about my views n whatnot. I dont really give a fuck what people think of me but my opinions n whatnot are uhh s p i c y to say the least. Last thing i need is a whole community and the surrounding area knowing im x y and z yknow?

| Also surprised to see many folk also having similar issues. thought id get ghosted and whatnot.

We wait for the messiah to save us from our social autism

| spicy like wat ? views about what ?

| If you are waiting for a messiah that's him >>679035 . Get to know people around you! You can't judge them without knowing them.

| >>c3b7f6 is right. Like, for real. Y'all seem pretty stuck in whatever echo chamber you're in. Yeah, I'm what probably wouldn't be considered a "normie" and I know a lot of people who probably would be considered "normie" by sheltered people like you. Thing is though, there's no such thing as a "generic" person. Like, I joke about the whole "NPC" meme, but do you really think that's how the world actually is and how people actually are? You're not special homie. Know that.

| Ok fair, then how do i go about meeting new people if im in a heavily isolated small community? I wanna meet people around my age early 20-ish i guess but my community has only three people of similar age and the rest are elders. The nearest town is all elders too and my coworkers are closest i can get to people my age. Sure i could hang out with them although all but two of them have interest in activities of which i have no desire to try myself.

| >>679154 I guess you'll have to either move or make internet friends. I'd suggest the former because your place surely sounds like a hole.

| Lmao my place is gorgeous. I dont ever want to go back to the shithole city i came from. As for internet friends ive got plenty, good group who are like family to me through and through. Just sucks having quite literally 0 irl social life

| >>679399
I get that. I have some really, really close online friends, but not having my irl ones sounds really rough.

| I dont feel hopeless or anything but knowing i have no irl friends does sometimes make me feel lonely and as if im some kind of failure or something. Its a touch difficult. Also recently been desiring some kind of affection so being unable to really meet new people and possibly find a partner also kinda blows. Very tempted to use tindr or something to meet people but i really dont want to. Shits weird and tough right now more than ever

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1594712650

This thread is permanently archived