danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Back to /u/

| I eventually stopped visiting /u/ without noticing. Today I found the site again looking for a chill place. I gotta admit this is still one of the most comfy sites I've been around. I'm interested in joining the Discord as well. Is it as comfy as /u/? I'm very introvert even behind a screen so I usually have trouble "fitting in" on most discord servers.

| Dangeru is comfy af. /news/ can be a bit whiny at times but other than that this place can be really wholesome.

I never visit the discord channel but I've heard it can be more active than this place.

| Discord is great when you join at the start of a server, it gets a lot more harder as time passes on because people form their own cliques where they talk with each other

| It's toxic. Maybe you'll have a better experience in LoL.

| >>667699
Don't listen to this guy. He's part of the problem, not the solution.

| >>7c4d23
Yeah this is pretty much the problem I face whenever I join any Discord server. Everyone knows eachother pretty well and it feels kinda awkward join running conversations. I've tried a few times start a comfy server but I'm too shy to send invites around, not to mention the server wouldn't have anything to offer to inspire people to join

| >>667744

In that case, this is probably the best time to join the server at the moment. The "dominant" group left a few months ago due to drama (much to the relief of the maids and the people watching on the sidelines) so there's been a lot of new people lately making their mark on it. Certainly less toxic now, at any rate.

| idk, has discord ever been good?
I avoid it like the plague, never had good experiences with online groups

| >>667811
What, overall? It really just depends on what communities you jump into. Groups oriented towards niches and whatnot *usually* benefit from a better atmosphere, since niches don't really have many "regulars" in general... if that makes any sense.
Shoot past the 1k~2k member count, though, and things can get muddied, disorganized and chaotic. Not even sure why. Just a weird rule o' thumb.

| >>667811
That's like asking if people are any good.

There are good people and bad people. If you find the good ones, it's an amazing platform and you'll probably use it every day and possibly make long lasting friendships.
If you find the bad ones, you'll probably feel annoyed for a bit and then just leave the server/block the people.

| >>667726 Not sure how I am part of the problem. I have been there for years before it even got reopened. I don't go around being a dick to others, even if the dominant part left there are still known shitheads still starting shit there.

| if there's one thing i learned from discord servers is that all nitro users spam the same emojis.
pepe pogchamp hype animequestionmark omegalul headpat monkas

| Nigger's mad.

| >>667898
Well I disliked it even when I joined servers related to things I like.
Besides this the member count drowns me already if there are 100...
Probably my awoootism that kicks in.

| >>668027
It takes a really long time to get used to that. The biggest server I'm active in is 400 people, and I'm only able to do it because the, I guess, "regulars" are really nice people, one of them being a very close friend of mine. It's still taken a lot of time getting comfortable though, but I'm finally getting pretty close to feeling fully alright there.

| i have turons does anyone want one

| >>668047

yo pass me some of that and i'll give you a san mig.

| >>668017
You don't sound like you're bringing anything to the table. I'm sorry to say this but both of your posts come of as slightly toxic and negative. They certainly don't add to the wholesomeness/comfyness that makes this site great.

Maybe you're just having a bad day or something but it reminds me of that saying about encountering assholes all day.

| >>668355
Same can be said about you though. You're giving that g/u/rl a hard time just for saying their opinion. That's pretty toxic if you ask me. Like, this cunt just said they think the Discord is toxic, and you started calling her a problem and now you're saying that she's not wholesome enough because you know everything about her because of two replies in this thread? Hypocrisy my friend. It sounds like you're the one having a bad day.

| >>668402
I disagree. If you post toxic or negative stuff you can't really complain if someone points it out or want you to stop. You can't say everything with flowers and hugs. That's my opinion.

And aren't you being hypocritical yourself considering that you don't follow your own views on the subject??

| >>668403
Hm? What views?

| /u/ is still the comfier place to be, but it feels less comfy as time goes by. I've always been complaining though, so idk if it's just me.

| >>668646
I think it always feels like things are getting worse, know what I mean? Like, there's a while since I've seen any of the trans threads, and they made a rule against MA threads. I haven't really seen any of the racist shit either. Like, overall, /u/ is doing pretty well right now. It doesn't often feel like it, but it's healthier now than a few other times. Especially with the mods working big time right now. So I think it's just placebo homie.

| >>668646
/u/ is the cosiest place I know on the Internet. Rarely some cancer that gets locked quickly.
So kudos to the mods for keeping this place clean.

| >>668704
For real. Gotta love them.

| There's always "/u/ is dying!!!11!1" threads and "/u/ lost its comfiness??!!??1" threads that pop up, but I really don't see it. Some weeks/months /u/ is slower, other weeks/months it's faster. Sometimes a g/u/rl will troll post, other times they won't. The activity and comfiness change, sure, but it doesn't ever seem to stray too far from "baseline /u/", and always ends up returning.

| >>668930
The only thing that really changed about /u/ is that the whole "we're all just g/u/rls here, no boys on the internet" thing seems to have faded away and it sucks big time

| >>668949
Eh. It's still here to some extent, but I found the meme a little annoying. Not being able to in any way hint that your male or talk about anything in the perspective of a male without getting 5 replies saying "boys aren't real lol" was, like, it wasn't a problem. Just unnecessary I guess?

| >>668949 There are also less ZANE!?/kaomoji/blankposting/etc threads than there were in times of yore. captchan made them too difficult ;~;

| >>668951
Yeah that's fair. Still feels like something was lost though.

>>668955
I really miss zaneposting.

| >>668955 >>668959
ZANE!?

| >>668955 >>668959 >>668973
C'M HERE FUCKBOYS! YOU ARE IN FOR A GERMAN SUPLEX!

| ( ´_ゝ`) >>668955
ZANE ?! >>668973
there's no penis, but there's g/u/rl dick >>668951

| >>668998
I love you :)

| >>668999
(\_____/)

|
(\_____/)
⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

| >>578a93 I see why it's annoying but it's fun to say "boys aren't real" on an obscure site when you've been told that girls aren't real every time u open ur mouth playing video games, almost cathartic

| >>669033
Huh. I've never thought about it in that perspective.

Total number of posts: 38, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1591925065

This thread is permanently archived