danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
self hate

| I hate me so badly for judgment of others.. all what i wish is being loved.. and fill the emotional void what is inside me..

| What makes you so sure other people really care that much about you?

Other people are just like you, they'll think everyone is judging them. They'll probably pass a little judgement on others but 99% of their brain capacity is going towards what people think of them, and how it makes them feel.

| Regardless of what people think or not though, why does it matter? They're just thoughts. Thoughts can't touch you, they can't hurt you, they're not real things, they don't weigh anything, so why are you letting them keep you down?

All that matters in this life is what you think of yourself, and that you make sure what you think of yourself is something that you're comfortable with.
Other people will judge you, but the only real judge that matters is you.

Find peace within yourself.

| Also op I'm sure somebody out there loves you or at least cares about you, but even if by some chance you didn't have that one friend or family member who cares, I guarantee that you will find them out there in the world.

There is somebody out there that will love you just for being you, and until then you've got /u/ to care about your problems.

| >>657ea6
A combination of Facebook quotes and denying mental illness?

Most of what you said I agree with though, but "thoughts can't hurt you" is some of the most ignorant shit I've heard in a while.

| >>665991 Thoughts can't hurt you, at least not other people's thoughts.

The only power they have is when you start thinking them yourself.
With enough resolve you can just not care about other people's opinions.

I'm not saying that's easy, fuck knows I can't do it 100% of the time, but at a certain point you have to understand that other people's opinions are out of your control, and what they think doesn't actually affect you until you choose to care about it.

| >>665991 Also when did I deny mental illness here?

I'm fully aware of the existence of mental health and the fucking terrible shit it can do to your life when it declines.

| >>665999
Just realising that is barely a beginning though. I feel like most people are very much aware of that, but that doesn't change anything. Anxiety will still fuck you up over it unless you get proper help or something triggers a revelation in you somehow.

>>666000
"Thoughts can't hurt you" sounded like you were denying mental illness.

As I said, I agree with most of the stuff you're saying, but "just try to believe you don't care 'cause you shouldn't" isn't advice.

| >>665999
Just realising that is barely a beginning though. I feel like most people are very much aware of that, but that doesn't change anything. Anxiety will still fuck you up over it unless you get proper help or something triggers a revelation in you somehow.

>>666000
"Thoughts can't hurt you" sounded like you were denying mental illness.

As I said, I agree with most of the stuff you're saying, but "just try to believe you don't care 'cause you shouldn't" isn't advice.

| Double post. Fuck.

| >>666009 I wasn't intending to seem like that, so sorry for the confusion.

I was just trying to bring a new perspective for op so they could maybe start questioning why they put so much value in other people's opinions.

Glad this discussion has been fairly civil btw, thanks for being a seemingly reasonable person.

| Maybe judgements itself can't hurt so much, but it's lead to toxic things

| >>666016
Same to you homie.

| OP's a pretty okay gurl

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1591378225

This thread is permanently archived