danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Chefs of /u/, share your best recipes

| I'm interested to see what the culinarily inclined among us like to cook.

If anything catches my eye I might cook it up and link pics.

| I enjoy fried rice caramelized in a mixture of oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce and sesame seed oil. Mix in whatever greens and onions you like with lightly beaten eggs before adding the rice. No need for spices or extra salt.

I used this recipe as my base but have changed the ratios somewhat. I use less sesame seed oil, add more greens like green peppers and have switched out the ham for either chicken or shrimp.

https://tsgcookin.com/2014/03/ham-fried-rice/

| >>665576
Have yiu trued oyskodib? This is loke a single dish i dint get tited with
Ot us amazing

| O
Yako
Don

| >>665576 This sounds wonderful. Reminds me of a similar fried noodle I make quite often, although I never have oyster sauce in.

I'll have to buy some and try this because it sounds pretty great.

| Every red lentils + garlic + tomato dish. Like... that's pure comfyness in a bowl. https://thevietvegan.com/spiced-tomato-red-lentils/

| >>665579
Please do! It comes highly recommend. I'll post a picture the next time I make some.

>>665629
I've been looking for red lentils-recipies because my cabinet is stocked since I bought a bunch on sale and this recipe looks way better than anything else I've read. I'm definitely trying it out this weekend! I looove cumin and turmeric too! Thanks a ton for sharing!!

| >>665700
You're welcome! Prepare for comfyness overload. xD Let me know how it went!

| Egg.

| >>666742 Masterful

| Peas soup with beef stew and instant ramen.

| i can only cook one dish perfectly. it's pork/chicken adobo. here is how i do it:
- follow the default recipe
- do something else while it's cooking on low fire or something
- partly forget that you are cooking
- come back to check
- eat with rice

| A personal favourite is mostly spaghetti bolognese because of how simple it is, yet it can have so many different iterations.

Beef mince
Oregano
Thyme
Tomato sauce (not ketchup)
Garlic
Spaghetti (ofc)

Mince in a pan until cooked.

Pour in tomato sauce and hacked garlic, keep cooking for a few extra minutes at medium heat, add thyme and oregano as much as you wish, then stir.

Top it with parmesan

| >>667980
Spaghetti bolognese is probably the food I've cooked the most in my life. I used to work as a chef until recently and it was our most ordered item.

We cooked it with pork and beef-mixed minced meat and poured in a splash of cream.

But at home I don't use cream anymore. I've experimented with vegan cream substitutes and it works but my favorite is simply a splash of water, tomato pulp, onion, beef mince and proper spicing.

Sometimes I add mushrooms too.

| Spicy grilled cheese:
Bread
Cheese
Red peppers
Jalapenos
Garlic salt
REALLY HOT sauce or Bafflo sauce
Butter
Baloney
Pan
Butter spray
----

Put butter on bread slices
Put cheese down
Put sauce and season cheese
Drop jalapenos cheese too
Repeat step 2-4
Put baloney on one of the bread
Put both together

Spray your pan with butter or oil spray
Then put real butter in the pan

Fry on both sides for 1 min 32 seconds

| Optional:after frying one side, before flipping spread some butter on the next side

| How to make perfectly cooked eggs:

First put a tiny little amount of butter/oil in pan.
Use hottest setting on stovetop.
Then add all eggs at the same time.
Cover the pan. After the bottom of the eggs solidify, add like 3 or 4 tablespoons of water and cover. Hold the lid down. After 15 seconds, your egg is cooked, but the yolk is runny. After 20 seconds, the yolk is like jam. After 25 seconds, the yolk is hard.

Enjoy the eggs on toast.

| >>669385 This is a really good method that I've never thought to use for eggs.

I use the same thing to melt cheese on things like burgers all the time. Gonna have to try this out.

| >>669385 >>669395
Is it regrettably eggy?

| >>669927 I haven't actually gotten around to it yet. The only eggs I've eaten were in a (quite bad) quiche, so I've not had a chance yet.

Thanks for reminding me to try this though, I almost forgot about it.

| I haven't gotten around to try the lentils-recipie either. I'll probably do it today or tomorrow though.

| >>669385 just tried it now and it's as good as it sounds. Great little tip

| >>665579
Hey g/u/rl, you wouldn't mind sharing that friend noodle recipe if you're still around?

| >>675367
fried noodle*

Maybe that was a freudian slip though lol

Total number of posts: 24, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1593704960

This thread is permanently archived