danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
fuck zoom

| it fucking sucks and it's mandatory in my school now what the fuck

| Wear a face mask and say you're outside.

| shut up filthy boomer

| zoom zoom zoooooooooooooooooom

| fuck boom

| Fuck zoo

| just use a virtual machine

| what

| >>654905
>>654916
Not-blue-ids get out!

| I don't think they can make it mandatory considering that it's a private company and have ToS that you have the right to reject.

| >>654950 oh shit really? i don't think that's the case for me though because you literally can fail for not attending meetings

| Webex master race

| Can we post Zoom links here? The rooms are open and don't get checked, we should share these with the internet.

| >>655091
Lame

| >>654873
>>655005
Tell them you can't or won't install chinese spyware. Ask if they read the Terms of Service. If they threaten to fail you, escalate to HR and Administration. You always have the option to threaten to sue to regain your money, regardless of how feasible that is.

| Please share Zoom links! I think it's going to be such a rofl idea

| Starts 10:45 GMT and lasts for about 40 minutes, which is about RIGHT NOW

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7907071146?pwd=YW9nVHlTNWpGNkZ5ZkVLL3Fta2Vvdz09

| >>655122
i've already explained why i won't use it and administration are the ones that made zoom mandatory. i don't think suing is possible because i'm only a teenager and i'm not losing any money from using zoom

| >>655146
Tell your parents then. Administration will listen to them more than you.
You don't have to lose money to sue, I bring that up because if they try to keep you from getting a diploma.
Read up on other cases of schools trying to force something and how they were stopped.
Don't use Zoom.

| >>655239
my parents couldn't care less about if zoom is secure or safe or not, they want me to use it to make sure i get good grades, which makes sense, they just don't understand the problems with zoom and don't care about privacy. and again, i most likely won't be able to sue because of how i'm a teenager and how i really don't have much control over this, unfortunately.

| >>206ca7
If you can't beat the system at least you can run a WM and solely use it for Zoom. That way all your private info on your regular OS won't be compromised.

If you're having trouble setting one up I can help you out.

| >>655306
'Imagine there is a Chinese man standing uncomfortably close, right behind you, at all times. He reports everything you say and do to the Chinese government. That's using Zoom.'
That's the example I give. Heck, I even hired an asian actor to follow people around for a few minutes. That tends to get the message across.
A little youthful rebellion is good. Stand up for your principles and tell the world no. They cannot make you do anything, no matter how hard they try.

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1589610840

This thread is permanently archived