danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Incel lost it's meaning

| It was a word to describe people(both man and woman) who wanted but couldn't have sex(no especifc reason), but now people are throwing it around to describe "men who hate wahmam", thats stupid I don't hate woman I'm just lonely, yes some male incels hate woman but they are a vocal minority that screams louder, so now I should call myself what?

| i don't really think it should be a meaningful word/identity people call themselves. i think the way our society looks at sex in terms of being 1. equal to a man's value as a person, 2. a thing in itself rather than just one part of relationships, and 3. a thing in itself instead of one of many pleasurable activities. It's those social factors that make being an 'incel' such a bad thing, and it being a term/identity just fetishizes them and makes them worse

| i mean look at how we tend to consider people virgins unless they've done not just sex but one specific kind of sex... unless they're trying to have kids where's the distinction? there isn't one. it's a socially made up concept

| doesn't it just mean "involuntary celibate" but sarcastically because it's not reasonably based on your voluntary status ?

| >>652313 yep but now people are using it to spread their woke politics

| >>652314
What does this even mean?

| >>652314
oh ok i didn't know that

| >>652323
Neither did I considering I've never seen anyone use it that way.

Only incels use that word to refer to each other. You literally never see it in political circles.

| >>652324 i've seen it as an insult against people who have the sort of insane gender ideas that some of the vocal online incel communities, regardless of whether that person is a part of them

| Why would you want to call yourself incel anyways? If you are lonely why not just call yourself lonely? As >>652291 mentioned the term itself was invented because a lot of people have very twisted understanding of sex, relationships, opposite gender and socialization in general. You should not want to associate with that

| >>652329
Insults, sure. But as a political tool? Not a chance.

| Just do u gurl. Idg why ppl want to be progressive while at the same time obsessed at labeling themselves. Just let it go and do what you want to do with your life.

| >>652291 >>652333
Good posts, these. Incel loses its original meaning because that meaning is not a concept worth keeping.

And to op, you should just call yourself lonely or maybe horny. You should really reconsider why you even need this word in the first place.

| Words changes/shifts its meaning overtime, that's just normal. Just accept the current most used definition: People who hate their opposite sex because they can't get any gf/bf.

Why not simply use the word "single" to describe yourself?

| >>652478
Because people enjoy being offended by pettiest shit. "Single" is not offensive.

| well this thread made me look up the history of "incel" and long story short, it used to be a wholesome community of people trying to find a date, emphasize on USED TO.

so to answer OP
>>652274
> now I should call myself what?
whatever they call themselves before the incel community was invented.

also I personally like the term "forever alone". I dunno, it actually incites sympathy even after all the years.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1588838544

This thread is permanently archived