danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So, I was just told I tried to hang myself.

| So, apparently someone in my town tried to hang themselves, but it was a public park and they were saved by the police. I live in a small town and rumours spread quickly, and apparently the rumour quickly became that I'm the one who attempted suicide.

I'm really shocked by this. Like, what the fuck. Sure, I'm a delinquent and I don't keep it secret that I go to therapy and shit, but the fact that people assume it was me with no evidence, like, what the fuck.

| The most shocking part is that I just found out today, a week after that suicide attempt happened. Apparently some of my friends who had heard the rumours were very worried about me, and an organisation I work for apparently had a meeting about it, and talked to mental health professionals for advice on how to approach me about it.

They were apparently supposed to contact me about it later this evening, but since I found out about the rumour and told them it wasn't me they won't.

| Life is fucking bizzare man. Damn. It's pretty hilarious that half the town thought I tried to kill myself while in reality I was just playing Smash and watching JoJo, but damn.

| That use of "bizzare" was not meant to be a pun because JoJo, but now it is.

| Fuck, at least they cared enough to do something about even if it was misplaced. If someone tried to neck themselves around here the most you'll get is a pat on the back and a get well soon card.

| >>647933
I mean, it's not a normal organisation, like, work organisation. It's a free organisation I work with for fun, and I'm good friends with the people there. Still though, it genuinely was nice that they thought like that, but also, it kind of pisses me off that nobody approached me about it for an entire week. The person who told me was my mom. Like, what the fuck. Half the town talking about me and I'm the only one who doesn't know it. That's some trippy shit.

| How old are you op

| >>647974
Why do you ask?

| You must live in a small town, huh

| >>648009
Kinda. There's a little under 13k people, though, like, it's a municipality, so that number is split across 3 towns + some extra area. The one I live in is probably the biggest of the towns, but not by a lot. So, 6-7k people maybe? You probably don't care about the math but I'm kinda autistic, sorry.

| As someone who likes lives in a massive metropolitan, this feels kinda surreal to hear. Suicide attempt, people caring, weeklong gossips. Like something I might read in a novel, you know, not real life.

| >>648169 not op, but coming from a small town, I can confirm. That's how things actually are here.

| >>648175
As OP, can confirm this. I told an American about it and they said they thought shit like that only happened in movies, but it's actually pretty common here. Only thing weird about this is that it wasn't actually me.

| >>5e9972
Something similar happened to me in (our equalient of)high school but the rumor only circled around the school. It wasn't about suicide but about a school shooting and it was some douche that called himself Magnus Manson that said it.

One person with her head up her ass seemed to believe I was wrong and tried to convince me that I was indeed the person who uttered the treath. As if I wouldn't remember something like that...

| >>648271
Shit like that is scuffed.

| >>647997 the level of worry from the people in your town might depend on your age. I figured youre pretty young - probably a teen - since you watch jojos and play smash

| >>648381
JoJo and Smash is culture anyone can enjoy, but yes. I am a teen.

| Well
At least, 1) people care and it's nice to have a reminder, 2) the rumors focused on you and not the original so maybe that got them some time without pressure from those who aren't involved

| >>648774
Yeah, very true. Something happened though. Yesterday, apparently the rumour change from it having been me to it having been on of my homies. He's also a dropout, so it does make sense that he'd be targeted directly after me. Still though. Shit's weird.

| >>648775
..don't know whether to cry or laugh *sigh*
How about ppl just..not make assumptions??since they already have been proven wrong once?? I know it's shit quiet in small towns but being chill is also good for one's health, just sayin'
Anyway hope ya'll be alright

| >>648780
Yeah, we chillin. We mostly just joke about it. Still though. There is one person in particular I suspect might have started it, since she starts tons of rumours and shit and has started some about me before. I don't know for sure though, but, like, she's not right in the head. She's mentally ill to put it mildly. Can't really fault her, but also, it's kinda scuffed.

| There's always a gossip group in small towns. Attempted suicide? Who could it have been? Then they all decide on a person, and accept it as fact, because it makes sense to them. Then they all go home to dinner, have their dinner conversations, and suddenly half the town's families know about it. Doesn't take long for the other half to pick up on it. Gossip groups are the uncomfiest part about living in a small town. Source: I live in a small town.

| >>648839
All of that is correct.

| when you are one of the undesirable recluses people are going to assume the worst from you

| >>650317
Hm. I feel like you're kind of projecting there. I'm far from a recluse, I'm actually a very social person, I'm just doing bad mentally and in school. When it comes to undesirable I assume you mean sexually, right? So that I don't know. Can't really judge my own sex appeal.

| >>650465
Idk about you, but the pixels on my screen say you're cute
( • ̀ω•́ )

| So I'm also concerned about this, is there actually someone who might attempt at their own life ?
Or was it really just rumors ?

| >>650502
I'll keep that in mind.

>>650503
It seems like there actually was someone, yes. The thing is though that police don't want to come public with stuff like that, obviously to protect the person. If it was just a rumour that I tried to kill myself, then yeah, obviously just bullshit. It's the details around it that makes me think it actually was someone though. The location, the fact that police was called, everything was believable except for the part that it was me.

| So if there was someone there that day, which seems to be the case, I hope he's doing better now and getting the proper help. I know some people who have attempted to take their life before, and it's not good times, but they usually get proper help and recover afterwards.

Total number of posts: 29, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1588257757

This thread is permanently archived