danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
You ever feel sudden melancholy?

| It's such a strange thing. Sometimes I can go from decently happy or content to pure melancholy. Just, like, kind of flat and sad. Might just be because of depression or something, but that usually feels different. This melancholy and the bad feelings I can get from anxiety and depression are different somehow. I might just be tripping, but, man. It feels weird.

Do you g/u/rls ever get that? If so, what do you usually think about when you're in that state?

| Yeah, it's pretty common.
I usually put on some music thats happier and upbeat, or has pleasant memories associated.
And get up and move around.

| >>647741
Ah. That sounds nice. When I try that it just gets worse.

| I have that very often. I think that it is a lack of fulfillment but sometimes just eating or talking with friends can help. Do you have any projects to work on, OP?

| >>647765 i second this. I think this feeling is also notorious now that we're forced to stay at home and be alone with our thoughts more.
I get that feeling when i realize that i haven't really fully made something impactful in my life. I jusf wasted a quarter of my life doing nothing.

| >>647765
When I felt it strongly yesterday, which compelled me to make this thread, I actually randomly met two friends of mine outside, which helped a lot, so talking with friends definitely does help.

I do have some projects I work on, and I have actually done more on them last few days than I have in forever. It's still not much though.

>>647782
The reason for my melancholy might be similar to that. Realising I'm not doing anything, not moving forward, even if I am.

| I think it is pretty common. I like it though. I'm so rarely sad that when I am, I just enjoy being sad for the sake of being sad. Nice thing to spice things up a little bit

| >>648035
Fair enough. I feel down quite often, so melancholy is just that but slightly different.

Total number of posts: 8, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1587861532

This thread is permanently archived