danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How do you know if you're really inlove?

| How can you tell yourself that you're actually inlove? How do you differentiate what you feel from infatuation?

| Actually curious abt this one because it varies from person to person and i'd love to know how you handle this situation.

| Personally i don't really see a sharp line between love and anything else, i haven't seen a line to draw it on. It's more of a cloudy term that covers very positive feelings... I figure everyone has a somewhat different experience and when we talk about 'love' it's more to signify that someone is important to us than one feeling thats the same for everyone. But then again i don't really know shit and maybe i'll experience something that's definitely 'love'and everything else wasn't

| You realize it afterwards in a wave of regret

| >>647500 do you just decide it by yourself? Like guess that you're inlove?

| >>647523 oof. Im sorry gurl. I know what that's like. :(

| idk, maybe of you have to ask you got some serious doubts about yourself

| >>647556
can i even spell "if" right.
thx, wtf me.

| Love is a choice.

| >>647556 i was just curious on what people think. As for me, i know i'm inlove when i fully know to myself that i can accept and genuinely love a person in their good days or bad days no matter what. Being in love is a decision for me. I guess i was just curious on how others view it.

I know people who says they're inlove and they base it on what they feel at the current moment and i was wondering if that's also the case for others?

| >>647560 it definitely is, my gurl. What's your qualifications in order for you to decide to choose to love someone?

| Why do you keep writing "in love" together?

| Hmm. I'm actually kind of curious about it, because I have very rarely felt it. I feel platonic love very often, but the few times I've felt sexual attraction towards someone and been thinking about it over longer periods of time, I've never been sure if it's actually love. Especially since I've only had it for people I barely know.

| It ussualy is when they treat nice and give me attention, unfortunantly I cant choose, if someone treats me nice i might fall in love, this caused me a lot of trouble and hurtfull moments, I kinda gave up on love since I learned how terrible people can be and also how suffucating and abusive I can be, I dont think I was meant to love someone

| >>647592 oopsie. Srry

| >>647656 that could very well be infatuation g/u/rl! Infatuation is that phase where you're kind of "high" off of that person. Sexual attraction can be a part of it!

| >>647684 gurl we can all love! I think it's a matter of learning on how to do it properly. Imo i think i can only love someone when im personally contented with myself. Just to make sure that i won't just take and take and take in that relationship. It'a unfair for the other person

| >>647689 I gues its because a lot of people hurt and hate me, so when I recive love I tend to cling and leech off people, I need to learn to love myself more, fuck bullies, they ruined me so much that I became a monster and hurted a very dear friend, i wish i could still talk with her but I destroyed our frienship, I feel bad for both me and her

| when you can't help but think about the person every second, let it be awake or asleep.

you never realize it till after the fact.. after regret settles.

| >>647688
Ah, yeah. I figured it was something along those lines since I would find it weird to actually be in love with someone I barely know. I guess I've never fully fallen in love then, huh.

| Dunno, I was in love once, it was really weird and I only realised what it was after a year or something, when it was too late, lol

| I guess I just keep on thinking of the person for many times even if I don't see them and in a special way

| >>647695 consequences, man. Sorry gurl. The best route is to love yourself first so you wont need to leech off of people. It just repeats the cycle of brokenness to someone else. It's good that youre aware of what u need to change though. More power to u.

| >>647699 >>647731 damn gurls. Do we only recognize love when it's too late? I'm seeing a pattern here in the answers.

| >>647699 >>647731 damn gurls. Do we only recognize love when it's too late? I'm seeing a pattern here in the answers.

| >>647786 thanks, I've been trying to better myself these days

| ZANE!?

| >>647787 >>647788
Yeah, it's not uncommon and it really sucks. I wish I could teach people who are doubting their emotions to not make the same mistakes I made. It's the worst.

So if you even for a little bit think you may be in love but have thoughts like "I only like her because I'm starved" or "It's just about the attention" or even "I'm not good enough" then you tell those thoughts to fuck off. Staple them to a frisbee and fling them over a rainbow.

Then you ask her/him out.

| This is going to be incredibly unhelpful and cliche, but in my experience you just know.
t. diagnosed autist

| This is going to be incredibly unhelpful and cliche, but in my experience you just know.
t. diagnosed autist

| >>648655 some people think they know then they act differently after a few weeks. And that's what im concerned about

| >>648088 one of the things is that i know when im inlove but i guess what im scared of is if my so still feels the same. That's why im curious. Can people just grow out of love in a few days? I thought it was a commitment.

| >>648693
depends how you define love.
i guess that chemically it's limited in time.
but guess what, sometimes you just find something stronger than chemical reactions and stuff in your brain.
so idk about calling that a commitment...

| >>648655 what does the t. mean?

| >>648852 is love really just that though? Like, chemicals in the brain? Just a mere endorphin rush? So is it always bound to end?

| >>648883
Kind of, yeah. There's a reason why it's recommended to wait at least a year before you start planning stuff like kids and marriage, because by then the initial rush/high that is love has faded. That doesn't mean that the feelings have faded though, just the extreme high. If two people really click, then they'll still love eachother and want to be together after that. So if you still love eachother after the intense high, then it's "true" love

| I think about the person a lot

| I also have an unusual feeling in close to that person, it is kinda tricky to explain, but I get anxious and excited, I also try to put myself in a good light, I don't swear and try to be nice. Even if we're on a date, and I already am not trying to catch one's attention

| >>649082
Sounds like love to me.

| >>648922 damn homie. Takin your word for it

| >>649082 true. Sounds like love. I tend to do present myself better for my SO because idk that's what i feel i should do. I get it gurl

| >>649085 >>649159
:-:
_ _

| >>649190 u screwed? Welcome to the club

Total number of posts: 43, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1588107257

This thread is permanently archived