danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How to deal with anxiety help

| With everything's that's happening and my depression coming back, i haven't felt panic attacks in years but i've been getting them constantly for days. I need help. I really need any good remedies that work. Slow steady breathes doesn't help. Help

| i suggest you listen to music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xusbDjqFtuY&t=2351s

| Ask a doctor for pills.

Stop drinking caffeine and stop smoking.

Eat at regular intervals and try to eat healthy.

Sleep at least 7 hours at night.

Don't lie down more than 8 hours a day.

Go outside regularly.

If you have beef with people it's time to forgive them and move on.

If nothing works ask the doctor for pills again.

| >>635105
i really recommend this. it's called Nuclear Panic Stations. listen to it until the end. highlights https://youtu.be/xusbDjqFtuY?t=2483

| This >>635106

I can also recommend Discord venting servers. While I was at my worst with anxiety I vented and got advice and people to talk to on a venting server, and being able to talk about it with people who have been through similar stuff and who want to help is really comforting.

Also, of course, therapy. Therapy doesn't work immediately, but once you've gone there a few times and figure out exactly what's bothering you and ways to counter it, it's really nice.

| Music and going somewhere nice can be good but taking your head somewhere else doesn't always empty it out of anxieties.

The most important thing is probably the most counterintuitive, which is preoccupying yourself. Anxiety is a alarm to DO SOMETHING, so anything that occupys your mind is valid.

I heard tips like "name out the capitals of Europe when having a panic attack" but play that by ear cause its not the same for everyone.

| >>635124
I got a lot of tips like that last one but stuff like that never worked for me. Something that worked though was looking at pictures I had of my friends and reading screenshots I had taken of messages that had good advice and were nice. Music of course helps too. During that time I listened a lot to the album Everyone by Logic, which has a few really good songs about anxiety and depression.

Good luck OP!

| >>635126 seems like a very personal method not fit for everyone especially that looking at pictures of friends bit.

| >>635132
That's true, but that's kinda my point. The ways to deal with it are often personal and something you have to find yourself. I hear a different method for every single person I've talked to, so it's kinda something you should explore and try to find out yourself.

| I naturally get drunk in these situations.

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1584374539

This thread is permanently archived