danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Checking ID

| How strict is it with IDs where you live? Where I'm at my beard is usually enough to let me buy cigs and shit at stores even though I'm underage, which, well, it's not a good thing. But it got me wondering how it is other places. Are IDs checked frequently or always no matter looks, or do people not care at all?

| Depends on how big of a stick is shoved up that particular cashier's, waiter's or bartender's ass on that day. There were times when I haven't been asked to show my ID at all, there were also times when I was almost refused service even despite me showing a legal ID, because the waiter was convinced that I have forged it.

| If you look and act young, you are definitely going to get carded. I have baby face so I get asked for IDs pretty frequently, although yesterday was an exception. Dunno if I no longer look like I'm 15 or if the owner just wanted to make a sale

| A few years ago the police put into practice to illegally demand IDs from young people. If they denied or informed them that according to the law they're not obligated to they were taken to the station and had their ID forcefully checked.

This manufactured a lot of hate in our society and it took several years before the practice stopped but the hate still lingers.

| Lol no one cares here. There are kids here who literally go on errands to buy booze or cigs for their dads and they get it, so. I got to go to a love motel underaged and got a bucket of beer delivered at my room without any questions so

| When it comes to buying stuff they're very strict here and the store will face heavy fines even for occasionally selling to underaged people. It seems to be working.

When they first ramped up the laws some cashiers even refused to sell to old people if they didn't carry a valid ID but they got a lot of flak for it from politicians. The law was put into practice to prevent underage smoking and drinking not replace common sense.

| Some businesses here have started carding everyone, regardless of age or gender.

| >>4c9d41
Why would you card for gender anyway?
>Sir, I legally can't sell this to you since you're too masculine to drink Rosé

| >>635034
but that's the proper way to administer your establishment.
also which post are you replying to?

| >>635076
Are you dense? He only made one post, it's right above mine and the convo follows a red thread.

| >>635109 reply by post u hek

| OP here. Something I've noticed here is that old people are less likely to check ID, and foreigners are more likely. Like, young people and foreigners seem to be good at doing there job correctly, while old and 50% of white people seem to really don't care with the logic that beard = probably old enough, or at least an excuse if they get caught for it.

>>635140
I know some people hate when people reply by ID but does it really matter? It's not hard to understand just inconvenient.

| >>7046cc
>>635152
I don't think it's inconvenient. Especially not in the case mentioned above. If you can't follow what they're saying without numbers telling you which order to read then you're just replacing post numbers with common sense.

Just click the ID and all posts from that person becomes highlighted so it's easier to follow her conversation amist a sea of other people's conversations.

| >>635222
Well, sure. Personally it triggers my OCD when trying to find one post lights up multiple, but I find it petty to complain about. Let's not derail this completely though, yeah?

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1584382657

This thread is permanently archived