danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Corona Shutdown

| Fucking everything here is shutting down because of Corona. The only thing that keeps me going in life is seeing my friend and arranging meet-ups and shit for a really chill gaming focused non-profit I'm part of. I hate being at home and going just a few days without seeing my friends gets me really depressed.

I hate this shit so much.

| Bruh, and this shit shows no signs of stopping in the near future...

| >>634139
I know. So fucked.

| Idk about you but I love the fact that I can nope out of life because of this and just stay home. But it does suck when you have to go grocery shopping and everything is being stocked piled. But hopefully this will all blow over soon...especially since a lot of people can't work remotely, among other concerns

| Lol ph? Yeah ppl are panic buying medical supplies and selling them for a higher cost. Dumbasses cant keep their greed in check smh

| Well if it makes you feel better Corona virus is basically like the flu but,a bit worse. Though you should be fine if you have a good immune system. Just take the time you have to improve your health overall.

| >>634242
I'm very often sick, so I doubt my immune system is good, and I also smoke. That's not really what's bothering me though. I just get so depressed when I'm at home for long periods of time and when I can't see and hang out with my friends.

>>634235
I'm quite the opposite. Lately I've been doing a lot of stuff to try to get my life together and start having a life again, and then just as I get started fucking everything shuts down and I might randomly die. Big suck.

| Yeah whole response to this is fucked, what needs to happen is ppl at risk should be able to nope out of their jobs/studies while still being cared for by the system. Sadly our system is capitalism and the ruling class would rather sell ass paper then take care of its wageslaves.

| >>634339 seems like even during an apocalypse people will find a way to complain about contemporary politics like it'll do something before a nuke hits them square in the chin

| >>634358 Well sorry for pointing out the flaws of our current political system that increase the damage this pandemic will do but facts don't care about your feelings

Like, corona isn't a nuke. We aren't going to live in some post apocalyptic wasteland after this. And acting like this isn't helping nobody

| >>634365 it isn't, but going off your incessant speeches, I wouldn't be surprised if you were still complaining about how Bernie got cheated during the election as your flesh gets consumed by a hungry ghoul somewhere in the middle of post-apocalyptic California

| >>634370 Sadly I"m not Calfornian. Or American for that matter.

Guess I'll see if the man-eating corona ghouls have reach the Balkans but as of right now, no.

| corona is a chinese nuke

| >>634387
Well, no, it's an Umbrella Corp test. They just started it in China because of high population, bad hygiene and to throw people off.

| >>634425 and because China was wetting its nob before going balls deep into Africa's unwashed arsehole with the intensity that'd make America blush like a virgin

Thank Christ for highly questionable biological weapon facilities and Canada, I guess

| Uhhhh, [REDACTED], anyone?

| >>634373 isn't Montenegro like a Zombie Apocalypse Country already?

| I wish
We're working as usual
I've got a paid vacation next week, but because of our schedule I need to come in three hours earlier the first day after vacation to clean up bar after my pigs coworkers
I wanna go home

| All the colleges are gutting in-person classes. Tons of local events getting axed too, including a con I was looking forward to. Fuck. Hoping I don't infect my grandparents with wu flu.

| In quarantine for 8 days till now. During the second week of April all of this should stop. Sucks. I miss my friends. Still, I'm glad somebody is enjoying this. At least not everyone is sad for the situation.

| >>635322
Yeah. Some people seem happy about it. I don't really see how this is anything but sad though.

| >>635329
I feel you, lady. But some people just love to stay at home, minding their own business. This is the biggest excuse they can wish for to do so. I am happy for them, they are enjoying this.

| >>635331
Yeah. I kinda get that, but, like, damn. Even if you enjoy being at home this is all just sad.

| Now you know how it feels >:(

| ^

| You realize how isolated you have been when a world pandemic happens and you need to make almost zero changes to your lifestyle

| >>635896
(OP here) It's honestly the same for me, which I hate. Sure, I did more things before this, but I don't have a job and I barely have school so this is basically the exact same lifestyle but with even less happiness.

| >>635901
Yeah, it sucks and I'm less happy too. I just started job hunting in February but no one is hiring right now. I also had plans to renew my gym membership and maybe go to a dojo or something to try and make new friends. But those plans are on hold until people feel safe again. I really hope we get a vaccine this year at least.

| >>636082
I mean, I feel like we're definitely getting it this year. I'm assuming a few months from now or something.

|

|

| Man discover cure for all cancer while quarantine "I'm bored as fuck" he said

| >>636093
I'm not sure but I hope you're right.

The company Moderna that recently started human trials says that the vaccine won't be fully finished until next year. They're also saying that it might take 2-4 additional years until it's available for everyone.

| Use the time for being super productive at home and maybe it feels better then

| >>636313
Huh. I guess the rope it is then.

>>636407
I'll try, but my motivation is pretty fucking low. Probably gonna stay that way too now that I can't be with friends. I'll try though. Would probably help.

| >>636434
Trust me, it does. Create your own motivation if you don't have any atm. Remember: the hardest part is to begin! I cheer for you!

//sending virtual high five

| >>636444
Thank you, but, how the fuck does one create motivation? I have creative projects I want to do/continue on, it's not that, but my energy level is very low and I have a really hard time pushing myself to do things.

| >>636498
I don't know you enough to give real tips. Just don't overdo or you'll burnout. Also, take some time for yourself, it's important to do so. I don't know, drink a tea, relax, read, do some exercises ect. Build some energies with positive things. If you struggle to begin, force yourself. Once you've started it gets easier to continue.

| I'm gonna fucking flip. It's only been 3 days since the lockdown started here and I'm already at my wit's end. I'm turning into a fucking potato because of sitting at home. I don't care about getting ill myself, but I'm worried sick that my parents (who sometimes still have to get out for work purposes) will get infected and I know they won't take it well.

Plus, I thought I'd be super productive with all my hobbies now that I'm at home all day, but nope, fat chance, I'm too lazy

| >>636548
I have a lot of problems getting around to just doing stuff like reading, even though I love it. Whenever o try to force myself to do stuff I either can't or it doesn't end well. Thanks though! I'll try to figure something out.

| >>636586
Still cheering for ya! :}

| >>636577
I'm 12 days in it. I've started exactly as a potato in the first, like, 4 days. Don't fall in love with laziness or it will backfire hitting hard on your mood.
Source: experience.

Good luck, lady! <3

| >>636596
I appreciate you :)

| Remember you can go outside and walk and stuff unless it's forbidden, just not close to people or touching things. Also there's a lot we can do to start building networks of mutual support in case things really do get bad where you are... see if there's any way to communicate with neighborhood or building people, make sure people who are more vulnerable and can't go out have food and stuff, organize fun/solidarity stuff like some of those buildingwide singing times in italy etc...

| I was a NEET for several years, I am not in lockdown, but I can share a few tips.

- Ineffective exercise is so much better than not exercising at all.
If you have 2kg dumbells, use it; skip rope, Even better. No tools at? Pushup, Situp, and Squat will do the job. Start with low rep and increase it the next day. If you have no space, search for prison exercise on youtube and do it.

- Rummage through your game and anime backlog or rewatch/replay your favorite ones.

| It is also a great time for a nostalgia trip. Emulate PS2/Dreamcast games that you used to play. Or get into a franchise that you've never touched before. If you are more of a multiplayer gurls, then you don't even need to read this.

- Clean up your Desk/PC/Phone/House. Organize you book collections and throw away old stuff that you hoard.

- Learn a language, coding, or how to draw. One/two month won't be enough to master any of them, so that's a good way to soend your lockdown.

| Lastly, make sure to alternate between activities. Playing your fav game for 10 hours straight will eventually make you sick, or at least, diminish the enjoyment. Maybe go play a game for 2 hours, exercise for 15 minutes, and continue your game.

I am not in lockdown yet, but good luck for you gurls.

| >>636710
That's a lot of good advice. Damn. Thank you :)

| >>636699
>>636701
>>636710
Amen, lady! <3

Total number of posts: 49, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1584700187

This thread is permanently archived