danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
My cat is really hurt

| So I came home from uni today and my cat (which I've known since I was little, going on 18 years) is laying down in front of the door. I go to pick him up and move him and he starts meowing really loud like he's hurt.

After examining him, it seems to be his back legs. After looking online about it, most of the suggestions seems to point to paralysis or blood clots.

He's too old for anesthesia and surgery. I don't want to lose him.

| Fuck. That's heartbreaking. I'm really sorry, but it would probably be best for him if you got him taken out. It will have to happen eventually, and if he's suffering it would not be okay to not do anything.

A few years ago I also lost a cat that I'd had my entire life, he was 18 as well. It hurts so fucking much, but it's better to let them than to keep them suffering for longer than necessary. He was also in a situation where he couldn't be helped. I'm really sorry.

| You should call with a vet and ask about it, and if there really isn't anything they can do about it, make his last days good. The goodbye will be very bittersweet, but try to focus on the sweet part. All the times he's made you feel better, all the times he's been there when you needed company and comfort. Make sure that he's happy while he's still alive, and remember your companion well. Hopefully it's not something bad, but most likely this will be your only choice.

Total number of posts: 3, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1583885633

This thread is permanently archived